Crazy Puny Man
Division: Grad
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Texas 2013

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

mrburrito wrote:
That must have been what it was like for Texas with the 2 month hiatus from Regionals to State. :) Something in between would encourage focus and reduce procrastination for all competitions.[/quote]

(Whispers) Invitationals...[/quote]

Between March & May? There are very little. Once you get past regionals there's almost certainly no invitational you can participate in
cupcakegirl
Division: C
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Texas 2013

Post by cupcakegirl »

mrburrito wrote: That must have been what it was like for Texas with the 2 month hiatus from Regionals to State. :) Something in between would encourage focus and reduce procrastination for all competitions.

(Whispers) Invitationals...
In Texas, all our Invitationals are before February. Last year we had a really big gap between the last Division B Invitational (on January 12th) and Regionals, especially for my team since we went to a late regional in March, which didn't release a schedule until March (if I remember right). So we basically had a month of downtime and a lot of procrastination, at least on my team. But because we went to such a late Regional, the time between Regionals and State wasn't as bad as it could've been. Then State to Nationals....... NOT FUN. Let's just say I wasn't sleeping all that much... Hopefully Texas will decide to make our State competition mid-April again, like it was in 2012. I think that year we had a much more even time distribution between Invitationals, Regionals, State, and Nationals. :)
2013 Nationals Results: Water Quality-2nd, Food Science-6th, Crime Busters-13th, Team- 7th
2014 National Results: Water Quality- 7th, Can't Judge A Powder- 6th, Crime Busters- 4th, Heredity- 5th, Team- FIRST!!!
2015 Events: Forensics, Green Generation, Fossils

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”