New York 2013

YUSO
Tournament
Tournament
State: CT
Has thanked: 0

Re: New York 2013

Post by YUSO »

mathemaniac wrote:You make some pretty good points, thanks for your help! However, I do have a question about Athens: I thought it was held on the 19th (3rd saturday of the month) last year, so why do you think it will move to the 25th this year? I feel like the 18th would make more sense...and if that's the case, we get all of that wonderful Eastern PA and NJ competition back (or at least some of it!)
Twin Tiers is going to be the same date as Yale, on January 18th. I've confirmed with the coach when I was just starting YUSO.
For final results from our our Division C Invitational Tournament in February 2021 at Yale University in New Haven, CT, click here: https://yuso.yale.edu/results
hix_scioly
Division: C
State: NY
Been thanked: 0

Post by hix_scioly »

Well, January 25th is also an SAT date so that may cause problems for some schools wanting to attend if their team members plan on taking the SAT on that date.
mathemaniac
Division: C
State: IL
Been thanked: 0

Post by mathemaniac »

That's also a good point. Thanks for the input!

We really appreciate all this help from the SciOly board! We're considering all of our options right now and are in our preliminary stages of planning - but we obviously don't want to announce a tournament and not hold it! Our situation is a bit too volatile right now for us to release exact dates and such. We expect to release way more exact information about this potential tournament (aka: exact dates, times, registration, schedule, etc.) come mid-September, but for now, just know that we'll be around to help at tournaments and stuff.
Former captain of the Metea Valley Varsity Science Olympiad Team.
All-time medal counter: 10
My favorite Science Olympiad accomplishment: Astronomy at Illinois States 2013 (2nd Place AA)

Columbia '17

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”