New York 2013

Shad160
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2013

Post by Shad160 »

syo_astro wrote:Hm, it's about that time of year where states is at the end of the week and everyone in C division NYS is just about full on panicking...fun. I will be seeing you all there for those of you doing astro, rocks, and geomaps XD. I'll see if I can stop by builds too, but either way. Anyone else care to chime in?

Meeeeetup! We've got enough kids for one of those cool meetup things that those other cool states do, right?
What happens on Alpha Lyrae, stays on Alpha Lyrae.
caseyotis
Division: C

Post by caseyotis »

Oh yeah, good luck to everyone who's going to States this weekend! Maybe Fayetteville-Manlius won't get in the top 3. :o
Just kidding. I'm sure everyone here will do just fine. :3

The B division states schedule here says that four events are on Friday. What times will these events be taking place? It doesn't say, and my coach hasn't told me yet.
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
silverheart7

Post by silverheart7 »

caseyotis wrote:Oh yeah, good luck to everyone who's going to States this weekend! Maybe Fayetteville-Manlius won't get in the top 3. :o

The B division states schedule here says that four events are on Friday. What times will these events be taking place? It doesn't say, and my coach hasn't told me yet.
Hey Case :)

Last year, they started at 5:00 or 6:00 at night, if I remember correctly. Then again, I was only an alternate, who spent that time in the hotel Pool...

I actually can't wait to see the results of States! Everyone's going to do great, but it's certainly going to be a very competitive year. Syosset, Ward Melville, and Fayetteville-Manlius are all strong this year, but I'm certanly not counting out other teams. Every year the bar rises, so I can't wait to see what kinds of scores come out of this tournament.
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer
caseyotis

Post by caseyotis »

silverheart7 wrote:
caseyotis wrote:Oh yeah, good luck to everyone who's going to States this weekend! Maybe Fayetteville-Manlius won't get in the top 3. :o

Last year, they started at 5:00 or 6:00 at night, if I remember correctly. Then again, I was only an alternate, who spent that time in the hotel Pool...

I actually can't wait to see the results of States! Everyone's going to do great, but it's certainly going to be a very competitive year. Syosset, Ward Melville, and Fayetteville-Manlius are all strong this year, but I'm certanly not counting out other teams. Every year the bar rises, so I can't wait to see what kinds of scores come out of this tournament.
Hey Mae :3

Oh, that's useful, thanks! xD

Me too. I can't wait! This will certainly be exciting.
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
smartypants01

Post by smartypants01 »

silverheart7 wrote:

Wowwwww we were gonna stay in a hotel with a pool but then they changed it at the last minute. Oh btw my friend was an alternate for gelinas last year. Maybe you know her
2013 Results

Eastern Long Island Regionals
Boomilever- 10th
Heredity- 3rd
Metric Mastery- 1st

New York States
Boomilever- :(
Metric Mastery- 3rd!!!!!
Write It Do It- 6th
gmui
Division: B

Re: New York 2013 - helicopter

Post by gmui »

Can anyone describe what the room / gym is like where the helicopter event will be held at States at Syracuse? Height, obstructions, is the ceiling flat, etc? Pictures would be fantastic too.
Shad160

Post by Shad160 »

Soo...States. Good luck to everyone, and if you see me, once again don't be afraid to say hi! I'll still be #42 from Hicksville, and my events are Astronomy, Rocks and Minerals, MagLev, and Dynamic Planet. :)
blockhead

Post by blockhead »

For those going to States, any word on what they will do about the competition for today since the school closed?
Shad160

Post by Shad160 »

blockhead wrote:For those going to States, any word on what they will do about the competition for today since the school closed?
Check the state page out, there are options being thrown around
quizbowl

Post by quizbowl »

Shad160 wrote:
blockhead wrote:For those going to States, any word on what they will do about the competition for today since the school closed?
Check the state page out, there are options being thrown around
Jeez. Tomorrow's going to be a jam-packed jamboree. Good luck to all competitors, and don't forget to have fun!
2010: 5th in NYS
2011: 4th in NYS
2012: 3rd in NYS
<quizbowl> ey kid ya want some shortbread
<EASTstroudsburg13> I don't know why, but I just can't bring myself to delete this post.

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”