Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: MN
Has thanked: 0

Re: Illinois 2013

Post by Luo »

hc1220 wrote:What invites are there in Illinois? Our coach said we would go to one hosted by one of the top 3 schools in Illinois in terms of scioly ranking.
A list of Illinois invitationals from this past season is available at http://www.illinoisolympiad.org/index.p ... Itemid=474

None of the top 3 Illinois schools in either division (Daniel Wright, Marie Murphy, South, New Trier, Stevenson, or IMSA) hosted an invitational this past year. South was planning to host a Division B invitational, but it ended up getting canceled. Anyway, I don't think it's necessary to limit yourself to an invitational hosted by one of the top 3 teams - you're bound to find some of the best teams (including those among the top 3) at any invitational you choose to attend.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
hc1220
Division: B
State: MO
Been thanked: 0

Post by hc1220 »

I know, I was just curious, because I looked at the list as well, and couldn't find any invitational like that, so I was wondering what our coach was talking about haha. Thanks!
2014: Ladue Middle- 8th at nats!
XJcwolfyX
Division: C

Post by XJcwolfyX »

Luo wrote:
hc1220 wrote:What invites are there in Illinois? Our coach said we would go to one hosted by one of the top 3 schools in Illinois in terms of scioly ranking.
A list of Illinois invitationals from this past season is available at http://www.illinoisolympiad.org/index.p ... Itemid=474

None of the top 3 Illinois schools in either division (Daniel Wright, Marie Murphy, South, New Trier, Stevenson, or IMSA) hosted an invitational this past year. South was planning to host a Division B invitational, but it ended up getting canceled. Anyway, I don't think it's necessary to limit yourself to an invitational hosted by one of the top 3 teams - you're bound to find some of the best teams (including those among the top 3) at any invitational you choose to attend.
Marie Murphy held an invitational.
Medal Counter: 73
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: MN

Post by Luo »

XJcwolfyX wrote:
Luo wrote:

Marie Murphy held an invitational.
Huh, I stand corrected then. How come it isn't listed on the Illinois website?
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
hc1220

Post by hc1220 »

Oh I guess we're going to Marie Murphy then. Thanks for your help everyone!
hc1220

Post by hc1220 »

What month was the Marie Murphy invitational at?
hc1220

Post by hc1220 »

Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL

Post by Skink »

Luo wrote:Huh, I stand corrected then. How come it isn't listed on the Illinois website?
There are a few that go unadvertised. As to why, I encourage you to use your imagination or PM me if you're, for whatever reason, really interested.
Makeithappen

Post by Makeithappen »

Marie Murphy was small. South, wright, Murphy, country day, and a few small ones
Invites: 2nd in Dynamic Planet and Water Quality
6th place Food Science Solon Invite
Regionals: 4th place Food Science, 3rd place Dynamic Planet 2nd place Water Qualtiy
derp123

Post by derp123 »

Makeithappen wrote:Marie Murphy was small. South, wright, Murphy, country day, and a few small ones
I don't remember either MM or DW hosting an invitational. :cry: :?: :ugeek:

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”