Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Illinois 2013

Post by mrsteven »

I just uploaded 20 some photos of my robot/maglev/gravity into the image gallery, so hopefully that helps out some of the less-used sections of the site. Plus, if I can say myself, my robot is pretty spiffy. :lol:
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion
tuftedtitmouse12
Division: Grad

Post by tuftedtitmouse12 »

Got back yesterday from Math Team at UIUC. The campus looked the same (obviously) but it also looked different too :P Probably because it was from a different perspective, I guess.

Edit: How was prom, chia? (I still don't get why you would pay 100 something dollars just to go to a dance....)
peter, peter, peter
chia

Post by chia »

tuftedtitmouse12 wrote:Got back yesterday from Math Team at UIUC. The campus looked the same (obviously) but it also looked different too :P Probably because it was from a different perspective, I guess.

Edit: How was prom, chia? (I still don't get why you would pay 100 something dollars just to go to a dance....)
How'd math team go for you guys? I forgot to ask the kids on my team what they thought, but I have the feeling they didn't do so hot considering almost all of their seniors were at prom... Speaking of which, I had a great time :) not quite how I'd expected though (more dubstep O_o) also the 'after party' was fun, I relearned how to play poker (a very important life skill! :P)
The ticket itself is $65, but of course then there's the dress and flowers and such; I thought it was worth it :)
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
tuftedtitmouse12

I think Naperville Central did pretty good! They got 1st? I think on the 2-person Frosh/Soph team...

Haha, it was a bit drizzly the whole day, but I think it went nicely overall (It was a hassle running around in concert attire from Wind Ensemble's Super-state to my first test >.<)

There were lots of frisbees on the Quad...

How much do dresses usually cost for prom anyways? (too lazy to look it up myself :P)

Also, the freshmen on my team learned that Pokemon is a very good time-killer game (it also teaches you the importance of sharing, when there's 10 people who want to play and only 4 DSes :P)
peter, peter, peter
silverheart7
State: NY

Post by silverheart7 »

High end dresses are $300 dollars, minimum. Or at least, that's what I've seen.
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by mrsteven »

I wouldn't know, as a member of the male population. And honestly I don't even know how much the tux rentals (or god forbid purchase O.o) are as my Prom plans died in the mill so it looks like I'm going to be sitting home with junk food and netflix drowning my loneliness in ice cream.
But on the other hand.... ICE CREAM :D
chia

Post by chia »

tuftedtitmouse12 wrote:How much do dresses usually cost for prom anyways? (too lazy to look it up myself :P
I think the average is $100-$200, though personally I think anything above $200 is overkill. One of my friends got hers for $30, another just borrowed hers from a friend.
(avatar is by xamag)
Favorite events: Anatomy, Microbe Mission, Ornithology, Circuit Lab, Helicopter
NCHS '13
==>
tuftedtitmouse12

Bleh, waste of money, if you ask me :P But then again, I've got a little less than 3 years to for my mind to change xD
peter, peter, peter
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by mrsteven »

Gahh ap tests >.<
tuftedtitmouse12

mrsteven wrote:Gahh ap tests >.<
I shouldn't be complaining (because I have none to take as of this year) but regardless, it's a bit of a pain to have to reroute to get to some classes, as one hallway has been blocked off >.< Then again, I'm lucky I'm not the Juniors who have their locker in their hallway; they can't access it during the school day. (Then again, I have a freshman backpack because I'm too lazy to stop at my locker during the day).

Ignore my complaining :P Good luck on them! (To mrsteven and chia and whoever else is taking AP exams)
peter, peter, peter

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”