Illinois 2013

User avatar
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 815
Joined: March 13th, 2011, 5:40 pm
Division: C
State: IL
Location: UIUC (Formerly BGHS)

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby mrsteven » May 14th, 2013, 1:59 pm

gahhhh. at least its over for this year. but it begins again next year -_-
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion

salcedam
Member
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 6:40 pm
Division: Grad
State: IL
Location: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby salcedam » May 15th, 2013, 10:52 am

Physics at UIUC isn't bad at all so you'll be fine. Should be an easy A if you got at least a 4 on the AP's. ^.^
2011 - 2012 Season Results:
Whiting, IN - Astro (1st), 4N6 (2nd), Fermi (2nd)
Boyceville, WI - Astro (3rd), 4N6 (1st)
Belvidere, IL - 4N6 (1st), Fermi (2nd)
WSU, OH - 4N6 (12th)
Loyola, IL - 4N6 (1st), Fermi (1st), TPS (3rd)
OCC Regional - 4N6 (1st), Fermi (1st)
UCF Nationals - 4N6 (8th)

User avatar
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 815
Joined: March 13th, 2011, 5:40 pm
Division: C
State: IL
Location: UIUC (Formerly BGHS)

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby mrsteven » May 15th, 2013, 2:14 pm

Idk.. Just spent all this time to get out of it, essentially wasted...

Whats up with you guys! Ya you reading this but not adding in!
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion

User avatar
tuftedtitmouse12
Member
Member
Posts: 778
Joined: January 3rd, 2011, 12:26 pm
Division: Grad
State: -

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby tuftedtitmouse12 » May 16th, 2013, 4:29 pm

I don't have any AP tests this year :D

Btw, the weather has been pretty confused this week and last week :P
peter, peter, peter

User avatar
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 815
Joined: March 13th, 2011, 5:40 pm
Division: C
State: IL
Location: UIUC (Formerly BGHS)

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby mrsteven » May 17th, 2013, 6:58 pm

Its been nice! 8-)
Good luck to the Illinois national bound people.
Im actually hitching a drive to dayton too to hang out with some of the people i talk to/confer with about scioly but never actually meet bc theyre out of state.
So hey. Random kid with a "Illinois" shirt and u of I colors, that would be me. Probably with head phones in or stalking robot arm with a big cup of coffee in my hand (btw no starbucks or caribou on campus -_-)
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion

User avatar
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 815
Joined: March 13th, 2011, 5:40 pm
Division: C
State: IL
Location: UIUC (Formerly BGHS)

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby mrsteven » May 19th, 2013, 10:33 pm

Wolfy.... Were you at... nationals?
I swear I saw you like twice at gravity vehicle but I wasnt sure enough from our one meeting at approach lol.
And then again at a rest stop switching drivers with someone i persume to be your mother..? When i was pulling in.

I feel like a stalker, but there it is

If not you got a serious dobble ganger issue you need to persure
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion

User avatar
XJcwolfyX
Member
Member
Posts: 340
Joined: October 22nd, 2010, 7:57 am
Division: C
State: -

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby XJcwolfyX » May 20th, 2013, 5:33 am

o_o
Yeah I was at Gravity for a large portion of the day, but my mom was not there lol ._.
Medal Counter: 73

User avatar
mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 815
Joined: March 13th, 2011, 5:40 pm
Division: C
State: IL
Location: UIUC (Formerly BGHS)

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby mrsteven » May 20th, 2013, 7:28 am

haha ok, well I threw it out there.
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion

User avatar
tuftedtitmouse12
Member
Member
Posts: 778
Joined: January 3rd, 2011, 12:26 pm
Division: Grad
State: -

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby tuftedtitmouse12 » May 20th, 2013, 1:52 pm

It's 90 degrees *pants*

Edit: and, I was stupid enough to wear long pants to school today too >.>
peter, peter, peter

hc1220
Member
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: March 5th, 2013, 4:45 pm
Division: B
State: MO

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby hc1220 » May 24th, 2013, 3:10 pm

What invites are there in Illinois? Our coach said we would go to one hosted by one of the top 3 schools in Illinois in terms of scioly ranking.
2014: Ladue Middle- 8th at nats!

Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Posts: 506
Joined: March 21st, 2011, 1:31 pm
Division: Grad
State: MN

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby Luo » May 24th, 2013, 3:35 pm

hc1220 wrote:What invites are there in Illinois? Our coach said we would go to one hosted by one of the top 3 schools in Illinois in terms of scioly ranking.

A list of Illinois invitationals from this past season is available at http://www.illinoisolympiad.org/index.p ... Itemid=474

None of the top 3 Illinois schools in either division (Daniel Wright, Marie Murphy, South, New Trier, Stevenson, or IMSA) hosted an invitational this past year. South was planning to host a Division B invitational, but it ended up getting canceled. Anyway, I don't think it's necessary to limit yourself to an invitational hosted by one of the top 3 teams - you're bound to find some of the best teams (including those among the top 3) at any invitational you choose to attend.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/

hc1220
Member
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: March 5th, 2013, 4:45 pm
Division: B
State: MO

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby hc1220 » May 24th, 2013, 6:08 pm

I know, I was just curious, because I looked at the list as well, and couldn't find any invitational like that, so I was wondering what our coach was talking about haha. Thanks!
2014: Ladue Middle- 8th at nats!

User avatar
XJcwolfyX
Member
Member
Posts: 340
Joined: October 22nd, 2010, 7:57 am
Division: C
State: -

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby XJcwolfyX » May 24th, 2013, 8:33 pm

Luo wrote:
hc1220 wrote:What invites are there in Illinois? Our coach said we would go to one hosted by one of the top 3 schools in Illinois in terms of scioly ranking.

A list of Illinois invitationals from this past season is available at http://www.illinoisolympiad.org/index.p ... Itemid=474

None of the top 3 Illinois schools in either division (Daniel Wright, Marie Murphy, South, New Trier, Stevenson, or IMSA) hosted an invitational this past year. South was planning to host a Division B invitational, but it ended up getting canceled. Anyway, I don't think it's necessary to limit yourself to an invitational hosted by one of the top 3 teams - you're bound to find some of the best teams (including those among the top 3) at any invitational you choose to attend.

Marie Murphy held an invitational.
Medal Counter: 73

Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Posts: 506
Joined: March 21st, 2011, 1:31 pm
Division: Grad
State: MN

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby Luo » May 24th, 2013, 8:40 pm

XJcwolfyX wrote:
Luo wrote:
hc1220 wrote:What invites are there in Illinois? Our coach said we would go to one hosted by one of the top 3 schools in Illinois in terms of scioly ranking.

A list of Illinois invitationals from this past season is available at http://www.illinoisolympiad.org/index.p ... Itemid=474

None of the top 3 Illinois schools in either division (Daniel Wright, Marie Murphy, South, New Trier, Stevenson, or IMSA) hosted an invitational this past year. South was planning to host a Division B invitational, but it ended up getting canceled. Anyway, I don't think it's necessary to limit yourself to an invitational hosted by one of the top 3 teams - you're bound to find some of the best teams (including those among the top 3) at any invitational you choose to attend.

Marie Murphy held an invitational.

Huh, I stand corrected then. How come it isn't listed on the Illinois website?
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/

hc1220
Member
Member
Posts: 101
Joined: March 5th, 2013, 4:45 pm
Division: B
State: MO

Re: Illinois 2013

Postby hc1220 » May 24th, 2013, 8:45 pm

Oh I guess we're going to Marie Murphy then. Thanks for your help everyone!
2014: Ladue Middle- 8th at nats!


Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest