North California 2013

User avatar
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 631
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 7:59 am
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: a dumpster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North California 2013

Post by Kokonilly » May 23rd, 2013, 10:14 pm

Paleofreakazoid wrote:Did any of you guys feel the earthquake? Just curious
There was an earthquake and I missed it?!

WHAT IS THE POINT OF LIVING HERE IF I CAN'T EVEN EXPERIENCE EARTHQUAKES
JUST KIDDING IT'S AWESOME HERE

User avatar
Paleofreakazoid
Member
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: April 11th, 2011, 4:10 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North California 2013

Post by Paleofreakazoid » May 24th, 2013, 7:28 pm

Haha yeah, perhaps you were too far to feel it?

Also, 10manwire, YOU ARE NOT A GRAD. CHANGE YOUR DIVISION NOW.
Winston Churchill Middle School, class of 2011
Mira Loma High School, class of 2015

User avatar
alpacas
Member
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: October 4th, 2012, 6:09 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: M94
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North California 2013

Post by alpacas » May 24th, 2013, 7:38 pm

I didn't feel it either! I think it would be really great if ML hosted a C Div invitational next year. How stiff a competition do you think Paly will provide to defend their title next year?

mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 433
Joined: February 15th, 2011, 5:45 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: IU Bloomington
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North California 2013

Post by mnstrviola » May 24th, 2013, 10:51 pm

alpacas wrote:I didn't feel it either! I think it would be really great if ML hosted a C Div invitational next year. How stiff a competition do you think Paly will provide to defend their title next year?
Lol, Fremont here. I heard some people talking about an earthquake but that's about it... xD

IDK, Paly has been consistently dominant in the Bay Area region. It could have been a lucky year, or maybe they are really getting better! :?:

User avatar
aim4me26
Member
Member
Posts: 96
Joined: April 26th, 2012, 3:58 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: looking pretty in a hotel bar
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North California 2013

Post by aim4me26 » May 31st, 2013, 6:13 pm

school's out
scREAM AND SHOUT
i know that i should be in bed
and its almost 3 am
but when i close my eyes i can only see miles of headlights
fleshing out the distance

User avatar
Paleofreakazoid
Member
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: April 11th, 2011, 4:10 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North California 2013

Post by Paleofreakazoid » May 31st, 2013, 6:16 pm

Meh. We get out on Wednesday.
Winston Churchill Middle School, class of 2011
Mira Loma High School, class of 2015

Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Posts: 507
Joined: March 21st, 2011, 1:31 pm
Division: Grad
State: MN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: North California 2013

Post by Luo » May 31st, 2013, 7:10 pm

mnstrviola wrote:
alpacas wrote:I didn't feel it either! I think it would be really great if ML hosted a C Div invitational next year. How stiff a competition do you think Paly will provide to defend their title next year?
Lol, Fremont here. I heard some people talking about an earthquake but that's about it... xD

IDK, Paly has been consistently dominant in the Bay Area region. It could have been a lucky year, or maybe they are really getting better! :?:
There have been many cases in which a team loses by a razor-thin margin one year and then comes back with a vengeance the next year, stronger than ever. Next year will really be an important year for the future of Mira Loma. I'll be interested to see whether they rebound or whether this is the beginning of their end.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/

mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 433
Joined: February 15th, 2011, 5:45 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: IU Bloomington
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North California 2013

Post by mnstrviola » June 9th, 2013, 10:26 am

Congratulations to all the teams who participated in the Bay Area Elementary Science Olympiad! I was really impressed with how well and maturely you guys performed. When I made the Anatomy test, I thought it was going to be difficult. However, the top score was like 51/56 and nobody- nobody - got any of the organ system questions wrong. That really blew me away. I hope you guys continue to do Science Olympiad in the future! :D

User avatar
tangentline
Member
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: September 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: Sacramento
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North California 2013

Post by tangentline » June 11th, 2013, 10:55 am

Luo wrote:
mnstrviola wrote:
alpacas wrote:I didn't feel it either! I think it would be really great if ML hosted a C Div invitational next year. How stiff a competition do you think Paly will provide to defend their title next year?
Lol, Fremont here. I heard some people talking about an earthquake but that's about it... xD

IDK, Paly has been consistently dominant in the Bay Area region. It could have been a lucky year, or maybe they are really getting better! :?:
There have been many cases in which a team loses by a razor-thin margin one year and then comes back with a vengeance the next year, stronger than ever. Next year will really be an important year for the future of Mira Loma. I'll be interested to see whether they rebound or whether this is the beginning of their end.
I'm interested in watching too... (Hey if it wasn't for that one member of the Sheldon High School team that had three events that increased the score gap between Mira Loma and Palo Alto, hahaha)

I really don't see Mira Loma falling from the top 2 in the near future at all though, with magnet feeds of champion students / incoming middle school science olympians and all the other things they do to stay up there. Palo Alto I would argue is plainly just as good as a school.

P.S. I think Palo Alto got a lot of the other schools rallied up to think they have a chance... But I'm a sad student that watched a normal top 3 finishing team go from 2nd at states to 9th at regionals in two years... I feel that a lot of the other teams including Franklin, Sheldon, and possibly Pleasant Grove build a strong group within one or possibly two grade levels and crash with graduation waves. Errgh, it's nice being the only graduating senior on a team with a ton of newly added members.

Locked

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest