Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: North California 2013

Post by mnstrviola »

mbr131 wrote:Did anyone else think that the dynamic planet test for Division C was tough?
Oh, god, yes. I started panicking about the MC test and didn't pay much attention to the stations, so when we were given ~20 minutes at the end to work on the MC I was like :x . The questions were good and most of the diagrams were do-able and not blurry. I managed to place 5th :) How did you do/think you did? If you want we can discuss it in PM :mrgreen:
mbr131
Division: C

Post by mbr131 »

mnstrviola wrote:
mbr131 wrote:Did anyone else think that the dynamic planet test for Division C was tough?
Oh, god, yes. I started panicking about the MC test and didn't pay much attention to the stations, so when we were given ~20 minutes at the end to work on the MC I was like :x . The questions were good and most of the diagrams were do-able and not blurry. I managed to place 5th :) How did you do/think you did? If you want we can discuss it in PM :mrgreen:
Same here! I had my partner do the stations and I did the MC test. It was so nerve racking, we definitely need more than 5 min per station and I did pretty poorly. I was thrown into this event the week prior so I did the best I could! And 5th place? That's amazing! My partner and I envied the people who placed in that event haha
aim4me26

Post by aim4me26 »

i know that i should be in bed
and its almost 3 am
but when i close my eyes i can only see miles of headlights
fleshing out the distance
ScienceOlympian
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by ScienceOlympian »

Where is the 2014 State competition? I hated Tulare. Plus it was a 4 hour drive.
Hopefully it is near Sacramento.
2017: Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry Lab, Materials Science, Experimental Design, Hydrogeology
ScienceOlympian's Userpage
bearasauras

Post by bearasauras »

Why did you hate Tulare beside the long drive? The campus was actually really nice. Everything were located near the same place.
SciJ

Post by SciJ »

Sacramento is set to host the next two state competitions. So probably somewhere near Sacramento.
ScienceOlympian
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

bearasauras wrote:Why did you hate Tulare beside the long drive? The campus was actually really nice. Everything were located near the same place.
The campus was nice but the streets in my opinion were messy and we encountered a lot of weird (maybe drunk) teenagers while driving to a restaurant. And it smelled really bad. Even more than when I lived (for two years) near a farm in Merced, which is a farming town similar to Tulare. It is just my opinion though.
:)
2017: Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry Lab, Materials Science, Experimental Design, Hydrogeology
Kokonilly
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Kokonilly »

ScienceOlympian wrote:Where is the 2014 State competition? I hated Tulare. Plus it was a 4 hour drive.
Hopefully it is near Sacramento.
Such prescience! According to this, it will actually be in Sacramento next year. (At least... I think so? The numbering for the years is a bit odd.)
bearasauras wrote:Why did you hate Tulare beside the long drive? The campus was actually really nice. Everything were located near the same place.
For a high school, the campus was unbelievably nice (though I agree, the surrounding fields gave it a somewhat interesting smell :P ). We could only find two bathrooms though... and the room numbering was somewhat confusing. Otherwise, I liked the site a lot! The drive was a bit of a drag, though - especially the "wake up at 6 AM on a Saturday" part (which we, as college students, are no longer used to).
Last edited by Kokonilly on April 15th, 2013, 9:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScienceOlympian
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

SciJ wrote:Sacramento is set to host the next two state competitions. So probably somewhere near Sacramento.
YAY! I live 20 minutes from Sacramento so that's easy transportation.
This is another reason/incentive for my school to get into State. Less driving!
bearasauras

Post by bearasauras »

waking up at 6am is the norm for tournaments :P

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”