Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: MN
Has thanked: 0

Re: North California 2013

Post by Luo »

mnstrviola wrote:
alpacas wrote:I didn't feel it either! I think it would be really great if ML hosted a C Div invitational next year. How stiff a competition do you think Paly will provide to defend their title next year?
Lol, Fremont here. I heard some people talking about an earthquake but that's about it... xD

IDK, Paly has been consistently dominant in the Bay Area region. It could have been a lucky year, or maybe they are really getting better! :?:
There have been many cases in which a team loses by a razor-thin margin one year and then comes back with a vengeance the next year, stronger than ever. Next year will really be an important year for the future of Mira Loma. I'll be interested to see whether they rebound or whether this is the beginning of their end.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
mnstrviola
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
Wiki/Gallery Moderator Emeritus
State: CA
Been thanked: 0

Post by mnstrviola »

Congratulations to all the teams who participated in the Bay Area Elementary Science Olympiad! I was really impressed with how well and maturely you guys performed. When I made the Anatomy test, I thought it was going to be difficult. However, the top score was like 51/56 and nobody- nobody - got any of the organ system questions wrong. That really blew me away. I hope you guys continue to do Science Olympiad in the future! :D
tangentline
State: CA
Been thanked: 0

Post by tangentline »

Luo wrote:
mnstrviola wrote:
alpacas wrote:I didn't feel it either! I think it would be really great if ML hosted a C Div invitational next year. How stiff a competition do you think Paly will provide to defend their title next year?
Lol, Fremont here. I heard some people talking about an earthquake but that's about it... xD

IDK, Paly has been consistently dominant in the Bay Area region. It could have been a lucky year, or maybe they are really getting better! :?:
There have been many cases in which a team loses by a razor-thin margin one year and then comes back with a vengeance the next year, stronger than ever. Next year will really be an important year for the future of Mira Loma. I'll be interested to see whether they rebound or whether this is the beginning of their end.
I'm interested in watching too... (Hey if it wasn't for that one member of the Sheldon High School team that had three events that increased the score gap between Mira Loma and Palo Alto, hahaha)

I really don't see Mira Loma falling from the top 2 in the near future at all though, with magnet feeds of champion students / incoming middle school science olympians and all the other things they do to stay up there. Palo Alto I would argue is plainly just as good as a school.

P.S. I think Palo Alto got a lot of the other schools rallied up to think they have a chance... But I'm a sad student that watched a normal top 3 finishing team go from 2nd at states to 9th at regionals in two years... I feel that a lot of the other teams including Franklin, Sheldon, and possibly Pleasant Grove build a strong group within one or possibly two grade levels and crash with graduation waves. Errgh, it's nice being the only graduating senior on a team with a ton of newly added members.

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”