Ohio 2013

MMeteorite1
Division: C
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Solon

Post by MMeteorite1 »

Best of luck to everyone this week at Solon Invitational. If you are driving in from a far, leave early and be safe. Lots of Lake Effect Snow.
Hosj
State: MD

Re: Ohio 2013

Post by Hosj »

We were going to come, We are in maryland, but are mediocre coaches got scared by the snow, (Everybody does around here. We had 2 delays and en early release. For snowfall amounts of .1, 1.1 and 1.5 inches each day.) So we didn't go, even though msot of us were working insanly hard and the Earlier invitational in frederick was also cancelled.

I AM SO UPSET!!!!! :x
:x
Nationals 2013: Meteorology 2nd, Water Quality 7th, Dynamic Planet 28th, Helicopters 41st
Nationals 2014:Hydrogeology 8th, Game On 25th
A Person
Division: Grad
State: KY
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by A Person »

Hosj wrote:We were going to come, We are in maryland, but are mediocre coaches got scared by the snow, (Everybody does around here. We had 2 delays and en early release. For snowfall amounts of .1, 1.1 and 1.5 inches each day.) So we didn't go, even though msot of us were working insanly hard and the Earlier invitational in frederick was also cancelled.

I AM SO UPSET!!!!! :x
I don't know, the snow is pretty bad in places. Maybe its just that your area is better than others.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
MMeteorite1

Post by MMeteorite1 »

Mentor won Div C at Solon (Solon doesn't post their own team score)
SOnerd12

Post by SOnerd12 »

So how was the Solon (Div C) tournament? I heard the awards were really cool, but had a few glitches.
French_Toast

Post by French_Toast »

SOnerd12 wrote:So how was the Solon (Div C) tournament? I heard the awards were really cool, but had a few glitches.
As a whole, everything went really well as far as I could see. Fermi and Disease were both run in an auditorium-style area at the same time, which was utter chaos at the start, but the people running the event made the best of it. Awards took a bit longer than normal because some scores took longer than others to come in, and I think they started it counting on them to all be in by the time that they were done presenting what they had. All in all, considering it was a 61 team tournament, it went better than you would expect.

Also, I finally got to do gliders this year and we won it, which was amazing.
2011 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Disease Detectives, Ecology, Microbe Mission, Mission Possible, Optics, Birds, Protein Modeling, Technical Problem Solving
2012 Events: Anatomy & Physiology, Disease Detectives, Elastic Gliders, Trees, Microbe Mission, Protein Modeling, Remote Sensing
chamender3
Division: B

Post by chamender3 »

Who is going to the Defiance regional? Anyone know when the updated event schedule will be out?
MMeteorite1

Post by MMeteorite1 »

SOnerd12 wrote:So how was the Solon (Div C) tournament? I heard the awards were really cool, but had a few glitches.

My brother is in C, he said it was ok. They just played supersmash brothers on a big screen and a Disney-riddled slide show. I was at middle school. Sounded similar with smashbrothers. The middle school powerpoint slide show had some lame fight-song type music and bad speakers.
havenguy
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by havenguy »

What were the placements for div. B at Solon?
University of Pennsylvania Class of 2020
Strath Haven High School Class of 2016

2016 States Results:
Invasive Species: 1st
Dynamic Planet: 1st
Disease Detectives: 5th
Anatomy: 6th

Team Place: 4th
MMeteorite1

Post by MMeteorite1 »

havenguy wrote:What were the placements for div. B at Solon?
Solon B team (61 teams)
Daniel Wright (IL)
Mead Mill (MI)
Solon (OH)
Marie Murphy(IL)
Mentor Memorial (OH)
Solon (OH)
South MIddle (IL)
Watts (OH)
Mentor Shore (OH)
Shadyside (PA)
Magsig (OH)