Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: MN
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ohio 2013

Post by Luo »

frogzorz wrote:(Luo also mentioned "the Hangar"...what is that?)
It's a nice food court in Allyn Hall: http://www.wrightstatedining.com/dining/hangar.html
Our team ate lunch there on Friday, but it was closed on Saturday.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
A Person
State: KY
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Been thanked: 0

Post by A Person »

frogzorz wrote: After the last timeslot, I was walking back to Millett Hall and I saw a firetruck, an ambulance, and people wheeling a stretcher into Oelman Hall. Does anyone know what happened?
When I saw this, my team was missing one person. We hoped that she wasn't involved in it.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke
Mr Sarcastic
Division: C
State: TN

Post by Mr Sarcastic »

frogzorz wrote: After the last timeslot, I was walking back to Millett Hall and I saw a firetruck, an ambulance, and people wheeling a stretcher into Oelman Hall. Does anyone know what happened?
I saw people wheeling the stretcher out, but there wasn't anyone in it, so I'm not really sure what happened.
Events: Meteorology, Forestry, Keep the Heat, Shock Value, Mission Possible, Heredity, Anatomy, Metric Mastery

2013 Medals/Ribbons:
Anatomy- 2nd
Forestry- 2nd
Heredity- 6th, 1st
Meteorology- 3rd, 1st
Metrics- 4th
Keep the Heat- 7th, 1st
Shock- 7th

"We're back, Jack!"
queenelf
Division: B
State: OH

Post by queenelf »

Out of curiosity, I would love to know who is planning to come to the New Albany invitational. It's our second year running it and I'd like to see how many teams are planning to come.
Mr Sarcastic
Division: C
State: TN

Post by Mr Sarcastic »

queenelf wrote:Out of curiosity, I would love to know who is planning to come to the New Albany invitational. It's our second year running it and I'd like to see how many teams are planning to come.
I will be there! How big is the New Albany competition compared to the Wright State one?
Events: Meteorology, Forestry, Keep the Heat, Shock Value, Mission Possible, Heredity, Anatomy, Metric Mastery

2013 Medals/Ribbons:
Anatomy- 2nd
Forestry- 2nd
Heredity- 6th, 1st
Meteorology- 3rd, 1st
Metrics- 4th
Keep the Heat- 7th, 1st
Shock- 7th

"We're back, Jack!"
queenelf

Post by queenelf »

Mr Sarcastic wrote:
queenelf wrote:Out of curiosity, I would love to know who is planning to come to the New Albany invitational. It's our second year running it and I'd like to see how many teams are planning to come.
I will be there! How big is the New Albany competition compared to the Wright State one?

Building wise its not huge, but a little bigger than Northmont (if you have ever been there). The test are really hard compared to some of the smaller school's tests though, so test wise it runs closer to the wright state level. It's only our second year doing it so I'd love any feedback after the invitational!
Barker
State: TX

Post by Barker »

chalker wrote:
A Person wrote:Just wondering, is there any where I can find the live stream that was on the website yesterday?
It'll be put up sometime this week, likely on Youtube. I'll post the link once it is.

I am somewhat eager to look at the live stream recording, is it still planning on being posted?
TREES!
chalker

Post by chalker »

Barker wrote:
chalker wrote:
A Person wrote:Just wondering, is there any where I can find the live stream that was on the website yesterday?
It'll be put up sometime this week, likely on Youtube. I'll post the link once it is.

I am somewhat eager to look at the live stream recording, is it still planning on being posted?

Yes. I'll post a link once it is.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
Barker
State: TX

Post by Barker »

chalker wrote:
Yes. I'll post a link once it is.
Thank you!
TREES!
dholdgreve
Coach
Coach

Post by dholdgreve »

OK! So is anyone else stoked about going up to Solon and spending the day with "Professor Kirian" and his teams... Solon is ALWAYS a great time!
Dan Holdgreve
Northmont Science Olympiad

Dedicated to the Memory of Len Joeris
"For the betterment of Science"

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”