Southern California (SoCal) 2013

User avatar
beaverkid
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: February 18th, 2008, 9:54 pm

Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby beaverkid » September 8th, 2012, 10:51 am

O Hey! First post for SoCal! I saw that the State schedule has been posted. What does everyone think?

State Schedule: http://socalscioly.org/downloads/2013%20Sci%20Olymp%20Sched%20B%20C%20Preliminary%20Schedule%20State.pdf

anmlee
Member
Member
Posts: 2
Joined: October 31st, 2011, 5:42 pm
Division: C
State: CA
Location: Valencia
Contact:

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby anmlee » September 23rd, 2012, 7:27 pm

Does anyone from the Los Angeles Region know the schedule for this year :O?
♫ ♪ ♫ ♪
▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ ▄ █ ▄ █ ▄ █
Min- - - - - - - - - - - -●Max

2011-2012 Events
Disease Detectives Microbe Mission Chem Lab

MustangSciOly11
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: November 9th, 2011, 6:20 pm
Division: B
State: CA

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby MustangSciOly11 » September 24th, 2012, 9:14 pm

2nd ANNUAL MUSCATEL SCIENCE OLYMPIAD INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT
http://www.rosemead.k12.ca.us/mms/Class/343-Jun-Lugue

Muscatel Middle School is excited to sponsor its 2nd Science Olympiad Division B Invitational Tournament on Saturday, January 26th, 2013. Muscatel is in Rosemead, California, located about 10 miles east of Downtown Los Angeles.

We are planning to give medals to the top 6 places for each event as well as trophies to the top 6 schools. Participation medals will also be given to each team member this year! To offset the cost of the awards and the hospitality room for coaches and volunteers, the registration fee will be $100.00 per team.

Please go to http://www.rosemead.k12.ca.us/mms/Class/343-Jun-Lugue to access the registration form. Registration deadline is January 1, 2013 OR when we reach maximum capacity of 22 teams. We look forward to seeing you at the 2013 Muscatel Middle School Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament in Rosemead, CA!

User avatar
PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 514
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 6:51 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: Somewhere where you don't normally see Pacific Golden Plovers

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby PacificGoldenPlover » October 1st, 2012, 7:12 pm

The school I'm helping, Ladera Vista Junior High, will be there.
Does anyone know when the list of events needing proctoring will be released?
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)

MustangSciOly11
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: November 9th, 2011, 6:20 pm
Division: B
State: CA

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby MustangSciOly11 » October 2nd, 2012, 7:39 pm

PacificGoldenPlover wrote:The school I'm helping, Ladera Vista Junior High, will be there.
Does anyone know when the list of events needing proctoring will be released?


A few schools already registered, and we're waiting on a few more before we release the event assignments. The earlier your school sign up, the better chances that your school will be able to proctor your top event choices. Please register as soon as possible. Payment is not due until day of competition on Saturday, January 26th. Thanks.

Any SoCal schools going to Churchill's Invite in Sacramento??? Churchill's invite is Saturday, December 8th.

User avatar
Paleofreakazoid
Member
Member
Posts: 164
Joined: April 11th, 2011, 4:10 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby Paleofreakazoid » October 5th, 2012, 5:59 pm

I think I will be at the Muscatel Invite, although I'm not competing or anything. Should be fun!

Also, I agree, anyone going to Churchill Invite? I'll be there too! Check out here for more info! http://sacramentoscienceolympiad.com/documents/Science%20Olympiad%20Invitational.pdf
Winston Churchill Middle School, class of 2011
Mira Loma High School, class of 2015

User avatar
PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 514
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 6:51 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: Somewhere where you don't normally see Pacific Golden Plovers

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby PacificGoldenPlover » November 1st, 2012, 10:19 pm

Oh yeah, and Troy (my school) will apparently be holding an invitational also.
http://socalscioly.org/
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)

flyingwatermelon
Member
Member
Posts: 62
Joined: February 18th, 2012, 11:01 pm
Division: C
State: CA

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby flyingwatermelon » November 10th, 2012, 5:11 pm

PacificGoldenPlover wrote:Oh yeah, and Troy (my school) will apparently be holding an invitational also.
http://socalscioly.org/


Do you know how a school could join the invitational? Do we email the coordinators or?

User avatar
PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 514
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 6:51 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: Somewhere where you don't normally see Pacific Golden Plovers

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby PacificGoldenPlover » November 10th, 2012, 6:17 pm

According to the invitation letter, your coach should mail the registration and fees to our head coach. The address is given in the link.
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)

flyingwatermelon
Member
Member
Posts: 62
Joined: February 18th, 2012, 11:01 pm
Division: C
State: CA

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby flyingwatermelon » November 10th, 2012, 6:22 pm

Thanks

MustangSciOly11
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: November 9th, 2011, 6:20 pm
Division: B
State: CA

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby MustangSciOly11 » November 13th, 2012, 6:19 pm

Eighteen schools are registered for the Muscatel Invitational January 26th. Looking for 4 more schools! Please register ASAP if your team is interested. We're very close to reaching our 22-team capacity!

For the latest information, please check http://www.rosemead.k12.ca.us/mms/Class/343-Jun-Lugue.



MustangSciOly11 wrote:2nd ANNUAL MUSCATEL SCIENCE OLYMPIAD INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT
http://www.rosemead.k12.ca.us/mms/Class/343-Jun-Lugue

Muscatel Middle School is excited to sponsor its 2nd Science Olympiad Division B Invitational Tournament on Saturday, January 26th, 2013. Muscatel is in Rosemead, California, located about 10 miles east of Downtown Los Angeles.

We are planning to give medals to the top 6 places for each event as well as trophies to the top 6 schools. Participation medals will also be given to each team member this year! To offset the cost of the awards and the hospitality room for coaches and volunteers, the registration fee will be $100.00 per team.

Please go to http://www.rosemead.k12.ca.us/mms/Class/343-Jun-Lugue to access the registration form. Registration deadline is January 1, 2013 OR when we reach maximum capacity of 22 teams. We look forward to seeing you at the 2013 Muscatel Middle School Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament in Rosemead, CA!

User avatar
PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 514
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 6:51 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: Somewhere where you don't normally see Pacific Golden Plovers

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby PacificGoldenPlover » December 1st, 2012, 11:31 am

Looks like Muscatel Invitational is all filled up already!
I'll be writing (and probably proctoring) the water quality test, say hi to me.
Good luck everyone!
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)

User avatar
Beastybob12345
Member
Member
Posts: 88
Joined: December 26th, 2012, 1:45 pm
Division: B
State: CA
Location: 38.6857°N 121.0822°W...

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby Beastybob12345 » December 27th, 2012, 4:52 pm

Did any Div. B people here go to the Churchill invitational on Dec. 8?
Science Olympiad
Image


Me----> Image

NorCal Science Olympiad is AWESOME!!!

Image

User avatar
PacificGoldenPlover
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 514
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 6:51 pm
Division: Grad
State: CA
Location: Somewhere where you don't normally see Pacific Golden Plovers

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby PacificGoldenPlover » January 1st, 2013, 2:28 pm

Anyone going to be at the Troy Invites?
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)

GinkgoBiolab
Member
Member
Posts: 15
Joined: December 7th, 2012, 7:50 pm
Division: C
State: CA

Re: Southern California (SoCal) 2013

Postby GinkgoBiolab » January 4th, 2013, 9:40 am

PacificGoldenPlover wrote:Anyone going to be at the Troy Invites?

Wait, is there still space to sign up??
2013 Events: Forestry, Dynamic Planet, Water Quality, Disease Detectives, Experimental Design, Sounds of Music


Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests