Hosj
Division: C
State: MD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Maryland 2013

Post by Hosj »

Pretty sure I am the only one from NB who uses this site :(
Nationals 2013: Meteorology 2nd, Water Quality 7th, Dynamic Planet 28th, Helicopters 41st
Nationals 2014:Hydrogeology 8th, Game On 25th
Slarik

Post by Slarik »

Nice job North Bethesda!

Who won the HS division (I had to leave for a concert?)
Exothermic reactions? I studied them before they were cool.
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

Good job everyone!!! And espicially pilgramage, i bet that was really close. urbana is getting good too... Sorta reminds me of pilgramge 2 years ago...

Centtenial won high school, but WJ was disqualified in two events for ridicoulous reasons. And, pilgramage people, were we really annoying at the end? Sorry about that.
Nationals 2013: Meteorology 2nd, Water Quality 7th, Dynamic Planet 28th, Helicopters 41st
Slarik

Post by Slarik »

Hosj wrote:Good job everyone!!! And espicially pilgramage, i bet that was really close. urbana is getting good too... Sorta reminds me of pilgramge 2 years ago...

Centtenial won high school, but WJ was disqualified in two events for ridicoulous reasons. And, pilgramage people, were we really annoying at the end? Sorry about that.
I wasn't there, but if by "annoying" you mean showing enthusiasm and team spirit - that's not a bad thing! I hope you were "annoying"!

Nice job Centennial! Watch out next year in Division C when we have more people :)
MrX
Division: Grad

Post by MrX »

Good job B division teams. Kudos to NB for making it to Nationals. I am not quite sure what happened in division C, but we will find out tomorrow I suppose. Scores have not been released.
Walter Johnson HS '12
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

I just thought that when pilgrimage was called for 2nd place, we erupted in cheer, when we really should have waited for us to be called.

And Mr.X, what I heard is that in experimental design, they brought a scoring rubric in that they didn't know they weren't allowed to have. ( they had used it many times before) and the event proctors Disqualified them. (No appeal was made by the coach of WJ) and in Boomilever something was too long, so they would get tier two'd, but the event proctor gave them more time, but the boomilever guy refused to compete with a flawed boomilever, so he finished too late and so boomilever was considered a no show. Thus having lost 2 events, WJ did not place.
Slarik

Post by Slarik »

Hosj wrote:I just thought that when pilgrimage was called for 2nd place, we erupted in cheer, when we really should have waited for us to be called.

And Mr.X, what I heard is that in experimental design, they brought a scoring rubric in that they didn't know they weren't allowed to have. ( they had used it many times before) and the event proctors Disqualified them. (No appeal was made by the coach of WJ) and in Boomilever something was too long, so they would get tier two'd, but the event proctor gave them more time, but the boomilever guy refused to compete with a flawed boomilever, so he finished too late and so boomilever was considered a no show. Thus having lost 2 events, WJ did not place.
I asked if we could use a rubric and was told no. When I later heard WJ might be disqualified, I was glad I asked!
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

WJ was first block. The only reason there was the announcement was because of what WJ did.
Slarik

Post by Slarik »

Hosj wrote:WJ was first block. The only reason there was the announcement was because of what WJ did.
There wasn't an announcement. I asked when we entered the room. However, because we had been told we could use it at regionals, I almost didn't ask!
kwan
Division: B

Post by kwan »

Why are you guys all pilgrams?

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”