Slarik
Division: C
State: MD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Maryland 2013

Post by Slarik »

Division C: http://www.msoteam.net/index.php?option ... Itemid=406
-we had 5 people, until 2 people joined a couple days before... just saying :)
Division B: http://www.msoteam.net/index.php?option ... Itemid=406
Last edited by Slarik on April 21st, 2013, 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exothermic reactions? I studied them before they were cool.
Slarik

Post by Slarik »

kwan wrote:Why are you guys all pilgrams?
Are you asking why we chose the name "Pilgrimage"? We chose it because the first year, the coach's homeschool umbrella group (umbrella group = group that reviews homeschool families for the state) was "Pilgrimage School at Manor Woods." When the coach registered the team, he filled out "school" as "Pilgrimage School at Manor Woods." After the first year, we didn't want to change our name.

The scores show a really strong Urbana (team B?!?)! Congratulations!
Azismith

Post by Azismith »

Good job NB!! Have a fun time at Nationals. The Div. B Pilgrimage asked about the rubrics too. I'm glad I did. I didn't think that they would disqualify a team for using a rubric, especially when (at least for div. b), multiple teams were using phones for stopwatches...but I understand that this was not allowed in div. c. Division C must be a lot stricter that Division B. Hosj and whoever your partner is, good job at meteorology! :)
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

Azismith wrote:Good job NB!! Have a fun time at Nationals. The Div. B Pilgrimage asked about the rubrics too. I'm glad I did. I didn't think that they would disqualify a team for using a rubric, especially when (at least for div. b), multiple teams were using phones for stopwatches...but I understand that this was not allowed in div. c. Division C must be a lot stricter that Division B. Hosj and whoever your partner is, good job at meteorology! :)
Thanks!! You did well in keep the heat!! Is that your best event?
Nationals 2013: Meteorology 2nd, Water Quality 7th, Dynamic Planet 28th, Helicopters 41st
Nationals 2014:Hydrogeology 8th, Game On 25th
Slarik

Post by Slarik »

Hosj wrote:
Azismith wrote:Good job NB!! Have a fun time at Nationals. The Div. B Pilgrimage asked about the rubrics too. I'm glad I did. I didn't think that they would disqualify a team for using a rubric, especially when (at least for div. b), multiple teams were using phones for stopwatches...but I understand that this was not allowed in div. c. Division C must be a lot stricter that Division B. Hosj and whoever your partner is, good job at meteorology! :)
Thanks!! You did well in keep the heat!! Is that your best event?
I'm not sure she had a best event - she's was well prepared for all of them! However, if the middle school team had gone to nationals, I would be surprised if she didn't medal at KTH and/or experimental design. The middle school team was AMAZING at ED - and I say that as a 3 year competitor on it (they often asked me to make up tests for them and I'd look over them afterwards to see if there was anything worth copying for the division C team. The tests I saw were pretty much perfect.)
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

What did they get at nationals last year in those two events?
Nationals 2013: Meteorology 2nd, Water Quality 7th, Dynamic Planet 28th, Helicopters 41st
Azismith

Post by Azismith »

8th in Keep the Heat. I wasn't on Experimental Design at Nationals (although the with the new pairing they got 11th), because I had to do Awesome Aquifers (2nd nationwide) with my then 5th grade brother (I was 7th grade). I was hoping to do better in those two events if we made it, but now maybe NB can do it instead--I know that you are really strong at those too. I hope you get on stage in them!
Hosj

Post by Hosj »

I know we are good at meteorlogy, anatomy, forestry, food science, and sounds of music.
MrX
Division: Grad

Post by MrX »

To NB and Centennial, good luck at Nationals. Will be watching the live stream on Friday.
Walter Johnson HS '12
Slarik

Post by Slarik »

Congratulations NB and Centennial on representing MD well! Centennial, your results were incredible!! Nice job in Chem and Circuit Lab and Remote Sensing! Nice job Hosj on Meteorology!

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”