Indiana 2013

Zoobanks
Division: C
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Indiana 2013

Post by Zoobanks »

At VU today Sullivan won and we'll advance to state whilst Terre Haute South finished second and earned a wild card birth
EthanBrown
Division: B

Post by EthanBrown »

Went to Butler today for Regionals. I got an unbelievable test with absolutely nothing form the event rules in Shock Value. They gave us a Multi-Meter that read about .27 off, and I didn't realize it before I left. (Long story) The test was about 6 questions long....
Its a real slap in the face when you study all season and then somebody doesn't read the rules and makes a crap test.. ;(
Division B Regionals at Butler University:
Rotor Egg Drop 1st place
Shock Value 3rd place
1st place regis Tri-north Middle School
Bozongle

Post by Bozongle »

EthanBrown wrote:Went to Butler today for Regionals. I got an unbelievable test with absolutely nothing form the event rules in Shock Value. They gave us a Multi-Meter that read about .27 off, and I didn't realize it before I left. (Long story) The test was about 6 questions long....
Its a real slap in the face when you study all season and then somebody doesn't read the rules and makes a crap test.. ;(
What were the questions? Sometimes tests include questions that don't look like theyre from the rules but are actually a tiny bit of one of the broad subjects listed in the rules.
EthanBrown

Post by EthanBrown »

Oh no the questions sort of had to do with the rules. I'm just saying Shock Value included Magnets, and electrical devices (EG light bulbs and motors). He gave us a series circuit and asked us to find the resistance of R1, and R2, gave us a 9 volt battery and asked us how many volts were coming out of it, and asked us the current between R1 and R2.

I mean really, its kind of an insult :(
Rotor Egg Drop 1st place
Shock Value 3rd place
Bozongle

Post by Bozongle »

EthanBrown wrote:Oh no the questions sort of had to do with the rules. I'm just saying Shock Value included Magnets, and electrical devices (EG light bulbs and motors). He gave us a series circuit and asked us to find the resistance of R1, and R2, gave us a 9 volt battery and asked us how many volts were coming out of it, and asked us the current between R1 and R2.

I mean really, its kind of an insult :(
Umm, a 9 volt battery will have 9 volts coming out of it lol.
EthanBrown

Post by EthanBrown »

Haha. No crap. Their volt meter read 7.4... See what I mean?
Rotor Egg Drop 1st place
Shock Value 3rd place
Bozongle

Post by Bozongle »

EthanBrown wrote:Haha. No crap. Their volt meter read 7.4... See what I mean?
Well, it might be a used battery, so they might be trying to trick you.

Edit: But if it really was off, you should ask your supervisor and ask them for a new one if possible.
EthanBrown

Post by EthanBrown »

I will actually type what happened, instead of spamming.

I show up to the event about 10 minutes early, and sit down at a chair. After the other few teams come in and sit down, the coordinator told us to come to the center and told us how to do the test. (Like answer questions/measure the circuit). Now I did bring my own volt meter to this event. I just didn't use it because the other one had better probes.. and who would think their volt meters are horrible? Anyway, we finished most of the test and got to that one. Their volt meter read ~7.4, and I didn't think this was right (I did believe it could have been a trick) But I pulled out my volt meter and it read exactly 9v. I was to stupid to go through the test and re-do the questions with my volt meter, and I got third in the event. (I know this sounds decent, but we had two teams so I didn't make the state team...)
Rotor Egg Drop 1st place
Shock Value 3rd place
Bozongle

Post by Bozongle »

EthanBrown wrote:I will actually type what happened, instead of spamming.

I show up to the event about 10 minutes early, and sit down at a chair. After the other few teams come in and sit down, the coordinator told us to come to the center and told us how to do the test. (Like answer questions/measure the circuit). Now I did bring my own volt meter to this event. I just didn't use it because the other one had better probes.. and who would think their volt meters are horrible? Anyway, we finished most of the test and got to that one. Their volt meter read ~7.4, and I didn't think this was right (I did believe it could have been a trick) But I pulled out my volt meter and it read exactly 9v. I was to stupid to go through the test and re-do the questions with my volt meter, and I got third in the event. (I know this sounds decent, but we had two teams so I didn't make the state team...)
Did you put down 9 volts for that question?
EthanBrown

Post by EthanBrown »

Yes I put 9v for that answer, and I believe I got one right (That one). The person above me probably got 2 right (He's the other person on my team) and the person on first probably completed it before my peer (tie breaker was time). I can almost guarantee that everyone else failed as there was the same volt meter for every station. Unfortunately, the Coord must have used his own.
Rotor Egg Drop 1st place
Shock Value 3rd place

Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”