Iolani Invitational

User avatar
kentuckyfan1001
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 116
Joined: February 23rd, 2008, 7:39 pm
Division: Grad
State: OH

Iolani Invitational

Postby kentuckyfan1001 » April 20th, 2013, 7:47 pm

Does anyone know/have the results for the virtual tournament?
-JZ Solon '12, Penn '16
2013 Helicopters PA State Supervisor

User avatar
earthbot25
Member
Member
Posts: 90
Joined: April 26th, 2009, 10:46 am
Division: Grad
State: PA

Re: Iolani Invitational

Postby earthbot25 » April 21st, 2013, 6:33 am

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... utput=html

it should all be in by Monday apparently.
Harriton Class of 2014

Past Events: C: Materials Science, Chemistry Lab, TPS, Experimental Design, Mission Possible, Microbe Mission, WIDI, Helicopters. B: Bio-Process Lab, Towers, Microbe Mission, Robocross, Physical Science Lab

nickbron
Member
Member
Posts: 1
Joined: April 21st, 2013, 9:26 pm
Division: Grad
State: FL

Re: Iolani Invitational

Postby nickbron » April 21st, 2013, 9:29 pm

Thanks for letting us know when the results will be out. We were just anxious about these results.

lmatkovic3
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: January 22nd, 2013, 7:49 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: Atlanta

Re: Iolani Invitational

Postby lmatkovic3 » April 21st, 2013, 9:31 pm

Wow, Harriton...

Did anyone else feel uncomfortable with the content of the Forensics test?

Jdogg
Member
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 6:00 pm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Location: Harriton > PSU

Re: Iolani Invitational

Postby Jdogg » April 21st, 2013, 9:33 pm

Wow, Harriton...

Did anyone else feel uncomfortable with the content of the Forensics test?
yeah, I heard the wording was terrible..
Harriton Class of 2013
Vice-Deputy of Avionics and Control for Lunar Lion
Assistant Coach of State College High School

lmatkovic3
Member
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: January 22nd, 2013, 7:49 pm
Division: Grad
State: GA
Location: Atlanta

Re: Iolani Invitational

Postby lmatkovic3 » April 21st, 2013, 9:36 pm

Aside from that, ~20% of the test was forensics related while the other 80% was trivia, some even about organic chemistry. The national forensics champions (Centerville) getting 17th doesn't really help, lol.

User avatar
fozendog
Member
Member
Posts: 193
Joined: April 17th, 2012, 5:51 pm
Division: Grad
State: WA
Location: Camas

Re: Iolani Invitational

Postby fozendog » April 22nd, 2013, 12:03 am

All I want is the answer key so I can add it to my notes. That's all I want :D
Stanford '19
Camas Science Olympiad Alumnus
Events: Protein Modeling, Cell Biology, Disease Detectives, Experimental Design, Dynamic Planet, Water Quality

User avatar
computergeek3
Member
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: November 10th, 2009, 12:49 pm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Location: University of Pittsburgh

Re: Iolani Invitational

Postby computergeek3 » April 22nd, 2013, 5:41 am


Did anyone else feel uncomfortable with the content of the Forensics test?
Yes.
<semi rant> Clearly that test was written with little knowledge of the rules and how that event is supposed to be run. I feel that it would be good if you have room on your notes sheet for finding random info, but that's about it. I understand why the content was so weird (it would be hard to run an actual lab in that setting), but it was distressing (at least for me) to have to know so much organic chem. </semi rant>
If you can't explain it simply, you don't know it well enough. -Albert Einstein

Bayard Rustin Science Olympiad 2010-2014
Pittsburgh Allderdice Assistant Coach

User avatar
computergeek3
Member
Member
Posts: 163
Joined: November 10th, 2009, 12:49 pm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Location: University of Pittsburgh

Re: Iolani Invitational

Postby computergeek3 » April 22nd, 2013, 10:12 am

Apologize for the double post, but do we know which team wrote what test?
If you can't explain it simply, you don't know it well enough. -Albert Einstein

Bayard Rustin Science Olympiad 2010-2014
Pittsburgh Allderdice Assistant Coach

Jdogg
Member
Member
Posts: 169
Joined: May 19th, 2011, 6:00 pm
Division: Grad
State: PA
Location: Harriton > PSU

Re: Iolani Invitational

Postby Jdogg » April 22nd, 2013, 10:46 am

Apologize for the double post, but do we know which team wrote what test?
It's on the top of each of the tests.
Harriton Class of 2013
Vice-Deputy of Avionics and Control for Lunar Lion
Assistant Coach of State College High School


Return to “2013 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest