Future Tournament Sites

chalker
Division: Grad
State: OH

Re: Future Tournament Sites

Post by chalker »

Crazy Puny Man wrote: Wait, really? I thought this year was a last "test run" for them, before nationals...
The invitational was indeed a last 'test run' before THIS year's nationals.

The invitational next year will also be one of a series of test runs before.......

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

Ready to announce the date for next years Wright State Invite?

I see that it is posted now...Jan 11, 2014
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
YUSO
Tournament
Tournament
State: CT
Has thanked: 0

Post by YUSO »

If everything at Yale runs smoothly this year and the next for our invite, I don't think putting through a bid for us would be that out of reach, though I'd have to see where I end up myself in med school. If I end up somewhere that has the facilities (i.e., Yale's campus is a tad small for ~50,000 people) to do it, you bet I'll be the "fanatic" trying to get it to be held where I am.

:lol:
For final results from our our Division C Invitational Tournament in February 2021 at Yale University in New Haven, CT, click here: https://yuso.yale.edu/results
chalker
Division: Grad
State: OH

Post by chalker »

YUSO wrote:If everything at Yale runs smoothly this year and the next for our invite, I don't think putting through a bid for us would be that out of reach, though I'd have to see where I end up myself in med school. If I end up somewhere that has the facilities (i.e., Yale's campus is a tad small for ~50,000 people) to do it, you bet I'll be the "fanatic" trying to get it to be held where I am.

Keep in mind that national bids can only come from the University itself. So you need to get the president and board of trustees interested and willing to actively engage on this (e.g. not just rubber stamp some document put in front of them). We always are interested in trying to get new locations around the country to host the tournament.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
akfackenthal00
Division: B
State: CA
Been thanked: 0

Post by akfackenthal00 »

I would LOVE it to be in a beach area, where it is always warm, like florida. so in that case, i am so excited for next year! :D
YUSO
Tournament
Tournament
State: CT

Post by YUSO »

chalker wrote:
YUSO wrote:If everything at Yale runs smoothly this year and the next for our invite, I don't think putting through a bid for us would be that out of reach, though I'd have to see where I end up myself in med school. If I end up somewhere that has the facilities (i.e., Yale's campus is a tad small for ~50,000 people) to do it, you bet I'll be the "fanatic" trying to get it to be held where I am.

Keep in mind that national bids can only come from the University itself. So you need to get the president and board of trustees interested and willing to actively engage on this (e.g. not just rubber stamp some document put in front of them). We always are interested in trying to get new locations around the country to host the tournament.
Noted, oh mighty Chalker. :lol: Thanks for da tips.
For final results from our our Division C Invitational Tournament in February 2021 at Yale University in New Haven, CT, click here: https://yuso.yale.edu/results

Return to “2013 Nationals”