Page 29 of 32

Re: Unofficial Rankings, Division B

Posted: May 19th, 2013, 4:51 pm
by mwloveslm
gneissisnice wrote:
sr243 wrote:
ali941 wrote:Does anyone know what the tiebreaker was between Meads Mill and Churchill? They both have the same number of points.
I am guessing they use the number of 1st places then 2nd, etc. That is how they did it at our state tournament. In this case, both Meads and Churchill have 1 gold but Meads has 3 silvers to Churchill's single silver. I could be wrong but I think that is how they do it.

That's what normally happens at tournaments, from what I've seen.
Yeah that's what happened.....

Re: Unofficial Rankings, Division B

Posted: May 19th, 2013, 5:57 pm
by caseyotis
I'm somewhat surprised that Eagle Hill did that well. Both NY teams made top ten! Awesome! :lol:
Congratulations to everyone; it must have been fantastic.

Re: Unofficial Rankings, Division B

Posted: May 19th, 2013, 6:34 pm
by Gearbox
Congratulations to everyone who attended the National Tournament, though, I must say I am a little bummed out, Our team (Shady Side) got 11th place (we were 1 point behind Eagle Hill overall), but I had a great time as I hope many others did

Re: Unofficial Rankings, Division B

Posted: May 19th, 2013, 6:39 pm
by sp3
Which team would won div. B champ yesterday had 9 graders not come back to their formal school? I think Daniel Wright. What is your answer?

I heard top 4 schools yesterday only Solon used 9 graders (rules permit, of course). Is ithat true?

BTW, congrat everyone at nationals. You all are winners!

Re: Unofficial Rankings, Division B

Posted: May 19th, 2013, 6:50 pm
by EastStroudsburg13
sp3 wrote:Which team would won div. B champ yesterday had 9 graders not come back to their formal school? I think Daniel Wright. What is your answer?

I heard top 4 schools yesterday only Solon used 9 graders (rules permit, of course). Is ithat true?
We are not going to make this into a debate again. If teams allow 9th graders to come back and compete, it is their decision and is not cheating in any way. That rule is implemented so 9th graders can choose which division is best suited for them, and if they decide to compete in Division B, then it's not a problem. Sure, they have an extra year, but any team can do it, and the more important factor is how hard you have worked. So let's not try to portray using 9th graders as a bad thing for teams to do.

Re: Unofficial Rankings, Division B

Posted: May 19th, 2013, 7:22 pm
by sp3
9th graders helping formal MS is perfect legal, as I already stated. It is a personal choice, some feel fine and others may not. Do not want to debate here.am just saying I heard top 4 schools only Solon used 9th graders and wondering if that is true for all 4 schools.

Regardless, it was an exciting nationals yesterday and congrats to every team.

Re: Unofficial Rankings, Division B

Posted: May 20th, 2013, 7:09 am
by u287772
sp3 wrote:Which team would won div. B champ yesterday had 9 graders not come back to their formal school? I think Daniel Wright. What is your answer?

I heard top 4 schools yesterday only Solon used 9 graders (rules permit, of course). Is ithat true?

BTW, congrat everyone at nationals. You all are winners!
I talked to all top 4 schools' coaches/parents on 5/18 and 5/19. Yes, only Solon has been using 9 graders. Solon middle school usually requires each kid to carry 5 to 6 events.

Re: Unofficial Rankings, Division B

Posted: May 20th, 2013, 7:45 am
by silverheart7
I don't want to debate this again but I do need to say something. Paul J. Gelinas (my school) uses ninth graders. We have grades 7-9 competing. We all have equal opportunities, because we (like 6-8 schools) have three years to potentially compete. You honestly cannot lump all teams with ninth graders together.

Re: Unofficial Rankings, Division B

Posted: May 20th, 2013, 11:49 am
by gneissisnice
silverheart7 wrote:I don't want to debate this again but I do need to say something. Paul J. Gelinas (my school) uses ninth graders. We have grades 7-9 competing. We all have equal opportunities, because we (like 6-8 schools) have three years to potentially compete. You honestly cannot lump all teams with ninth graders together.
I feel like in the end, we actually have it worse off, because we only get to compete in Scio for 6 years instead of 7. I wish I could have done it in 6th grade.

Re: Unofficial Rankings, Division B

Posted: May 20th, 2013, 12:54 pm
by caseyotis
sp3 wrote:9th graders helping formal MS is perfect legal, as I already stated. It is a personal choice, some feel fine and others may not. Do not want to debate here.am just saying I heard top 4 schools only Solon used 9th graders and wondering if that is true for all 4 schools.
Why do you care? Just don't bring it up. It comes up so often and no one wants to hear it. You're basically separating schools that use ninth graders from everyone else. We only use 7th and 8th graders on our team, and then we see who wants to come back from high school. Last year, we had one student come back. Does that lump us with the schools who use 9th graders?

As East just said, we should drop it. I really don't want an answer to any of my questions. But the fact that you would start that right after the scioly season just ended personally bothers me.