Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: MN
Has thanked: 0

2014 National Tournament Location

Post by Luo »

The dates and location of the 2014 Science Olympiad National Tournament have now been announced! The tournament will be held on May 16-17, 2014 at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida.

As previously announced, the 2013 National Tournament is scheduled for May 17-18 at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, and the 2015 National Tournament will be held at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
knittingfrenzy18
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: B
State: MD
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2014 National Tournament Location

Post by knittingfrenzy18 »

Hum nice :) going back to Florida in 2014 :)

I liked that campus but maybe it's just me because I rarely visit any college campuses.
Pilgrimage Homeschool Division B, Maryland
Visited 2012 and 2014 National Tournaments, 5th place Sounds of Music 2014
http://knittingfrenzy18.wordpress.com
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

Luo wrote:The dates and location of the 2014 Science Olympiad National Tournament have now been announced! The tournament will be held on May 16-17, 2014 at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida.

As previously announced, the 2013 National Tournament is scheduled for May 17-18 at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio, and the 2015 National Tournament will be held at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
I wonder why the change from the previously announced UI-UC to UCF?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Post by Luo »

rfscoach wrote:
Luo wrote:The dates and location of the 2014 Science Olympiad National Tournament have now been announced! The tournament will be held on May 16-17, 2014 at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida.

I could be mistaken, but it appears that the much-ballyhooed partnership between Science Olympiad and the University of Illinois has been dissolved or greatly changed. The information previously on soinc.org about this partnership has been gone for awhile.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

Luo wrote:
rfscoach wrote:

I could be mistaken, but it appears that the much-ballyhooed partnership between Science Olympiad and the University of Illinois has been dissolved or greatly changed. The information previously on soinc.org about this partnership has been gone for awhile.

Interesting.....any Chalkers care to comment?
Well, despite the shoestring budget and some communications issues, I thought UCF did a great job last year and hope to get back there with my middle school team or my son's high school team.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

WHAT I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING BACK TO UIUC
As you can tell, I have just suffered a severe disappointment. What the...
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

rfscoach wrote:
Luo wrote: I could be mistaken, but it appears that the much-ballyhooed partnership between Science Olympiad and the University of Illinois has been dissolved or greatly changed. The information previously on soinc.org about this partnership has been gone for awhile.
I thought there had been a publicly released press release about this, but searching online I can't find any evidence of one. As such, I don't believe it's appropriate for me to say much other than there were semi-public announcements in early 2012 announcing the discontinuation of the partnership

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
foreverphysics
State: AL

Post by foreverphysics »

Also, another question that popped into my mind:
What happened to that Nebraska University that was planned? I can't remember if it was 2014 or 2015, and my rules are at home...
Physics is difficult for 99% of the world's population because they don't understand it. The other 1% know too much.

"Physics is a psychiatrist?"
Schrodingerscat
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: KS
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Schrodingerscat »

foreverphysics wrote:Also, another question that popped into my mind:
What happened to that Nebraska University that was planned? I can't remember if it was 2014 or 2015, and my rules are at home...
The nationals site still has University of Nebraska- Lincoln listed for 2015 under future national tournaments.
thsom
Division: C
State: IL
Been thanked: 0

Post by thsom »

chalker wrote:
rfscoach wrote:
Luo wrote: I could be mistaken, but it appears that the much-ballyhooed partnership between Science Olympiad and the University of Illinois has been dissolved or greatly changed. The information previously on soinc.org about this partnership has been gone for awhile.
I thought there had been a publicly released press release about this, but searching online I can't find any evidence of one. As such, I don't believe it's appropriate for me to say much other than there were semi-public announcements in early 2012 announcing the discontinuation of the partnership
Will this interfere with a state competition?

Return to “2013 News”