Scrambler B

croman74
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scrambler B

Post by croman74 »

My interpretation is that you don't need a backstop, but if you want one, the egg can't be touching the backstop. That way it's completely exposed.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
bob3443

Post by bob3443 »

i was pretty sure that the egg could only be teaching the tape and the horizontal egg mount. it couldn't be touching a vertical backstop, but some how at regionals almost everyone had a backstop, and the egg was touching it. they also were allowed to put tape from the middle of the egg to the backstop, going horizontal but the tape wasn't touching the back 2cm of the egg.
aviator_avery
Division: B

Post by aviator_avery »

My team had the same exact problem almost evry team had a backstop except ours and a few others but the judges at my competition didnt penalize at all in fact we were the only team who met all regulations and they gave us 2nd in placement and 3rd in medals.
*peaches*and*grits*yall*
fmtiger124
Division: Grad
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

YOU DONT NEED A BACKSTOP ITS ON THE NATIONAL WEBSITE
croman74

Post by croman74 »

fmtiger124 wrote:YOU DONT NEED A BACKSTOP ITS ON THE NATIONAL WEBSITE
We know that you don't need one, but people are wondering if you are allowed to have one.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 »

croman74 wrote:
fmtiger124 wrote:YOU DONT NEED A BACKSTOP ITS ON THE NATIONAL WEBSITE
We know that you don't need one, but people are wondering if you are allowed to have one.
ONCE AGAIN U DONT NEED ONE BUT YOU CAN HAVE ONE AGAIN ITS ON THE NATIONAL WEBSITE!!! ITS UNDER THE FAQ
It isnt a direct question but its in one of them i forget which though
BGSO

Post by BGSO »

First, turn off the caplocks, no one needs to scream here it's a message board. Second off the question is not whether or not you can have a backstop but if you do have a backstop how is the egg supposed to be placed on the platform. Can it touch the backstop? be taped to the backstop? If you are judging the event how do you judge someone who has a back stop?

Those are the questions we are trying to answer, so next time keep the caps lock off and try to participate in a developed conversation.
fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 »

lol i was emphisizing a point made several times before-i believe if u have a backstop it has to be transparent. The judges have to be able to see both ends of the egg. I think its on the naitonal website. i'd advise against a backstop just so u don't run into issues with the judges and egg visibility or how far the egg sticks out from the front of the transport
croman74

Post by croman74 »

I advise against it as well. Better safe than sorry. That's a cool idea though; a transparent backstop. :P
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
fmtiger124

Post by fmtiger124 »

croman74 wrote:I advise against it as well. Better safe than sorry. That's a cool idea though; a transparent backstop. :P
yea i'd use plexiglass if i had one

Return to “2009 Build Events”