Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: MA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scrambler B

Post by Phenylethylamine »

fmtiger124 wrote:
ktownpa7 wrote:a suggestion for anyone who is interested is that you might want to try testing on different floor surfaces.
when testing before regionals on a tile florr i was getting consistant of up to 5 cm of. When i got to regionals and launched on the gym, laminated wood planks, it slammed into the wall. i had the brakes calibrated exactly how they were for testing.
we know its been discused--i would still think that people would just automatically test on a gym floor though for me when i think of the event and where it might be held the first thing that pops into my head is "gym".
If I recall correctly, at Nationals, it's being held in a cafeteria. I'm not sure whether that means it'll be the usual cafeteria tile floor, or if they're covering it with some sort of rubber (I think someone may have mentioned that).
Protein Modeling Event Supervisor 2015
MA State Science Olympiad Tournament
MIT Invitational Tournament
--
Ward Melville High School Science Olympiad 2010-2012
Paul J Gelinas JHS Science Olympiad 2007-2009
bob3443

Post by bob3443 »

regionals for us is actually in a hallway, and i know a lot of other places hold scrambler in a hallway. for states it was in a room without chairs.
croman74
Division: C
State: MI

Post by croman74 »

This year for regionals it was in a dance studio, and last year at states in was in a gym.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
fmtiger124
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

Phenylethylamine wrote:
fmtiger124 wrote:
ktownpa7 wrote:a suggestion for anyone who is interested is that you might want to try testing on different floor surfaces.
when testing before regionals on a tile florr i was getting consistant of up to 5 cm of. When i got to regionals and launched on the gym, laminated wood planks, it slammed into the wall. i had the brakes calibrated exactly how they were for testing.
we know its been discused--i would still think that people would just automatically test on a gym floor though for me when i think of the event and where it might be held the first thing that pops into my head is "gym".
If I recall correctly, at Nationals, it's being held in a cafeteria. I'm not sure whether that means it'll be the usual cafeteria tile floor, or if they're covering it with some sort of rubber (I think someone may have mentioned that).
if there is no covering then it would be tile with a covering i have no clue how to test that-- a lot of schools wouldn't have that surface
ChrisYim
State: IL

Post by ChrisYim »

Guess WHAT??!!! I GOT 2nd PLACE AT STATE!!!!!! (In my event) YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

Did you guys go to state yet?
croman74

Post by croman74 »

Wow, congrats! I didn't have states yet. They're this saturday! :shock:
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson
skatergirl003
Division: B

Post by skatergirl003 »

bob3443 wrote:regionals for us is actually in a hallway, and i know a lot of other places hold scrambler in a hallway. for states it was in a room without chairs.
Dark Sabre
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: KY

Post by Dark Sabre »

I cruised around the impound area (didn't touch anything!) and have some pictures for people...

Image Gallery
croman74

Post by croman74 »

Scrambler has so many pics in the image gallery. It's amazing. I doubt that anybody could have trouble coming up with a design after looking through those pics.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
fmtiger124
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 »

croman74 wrote:Scrambler has so many pics in the image gallery. It's amazing. I doubt that anybody could have trouble coming up with a design after looking through those pics.
they could create a design but not nessecarily a working version of the design

Return to “2009 Build Events”