Scrambler B

bob3443

Re: Scrambler

Post by bob3443 » March 1st, 2009, 3:32 pm

scichic34 wrote:ok
my car is made of carbon fiber, and has cd wheels
it goes really straight for the first like, 10 meters, but then swerves to the left
the wheels are on straight, and i'm pretty sure it's not human error.
what now?
i think we've talked about this before...
but anyways is it at 10 meters that it all of a sudden swevers to the left? or is it that its going left little by little but then at 10 meters its obvious that its to the left?

scichic34
Division: B

Post by scichic34 » March 3rd, 2009, 6:03 pm

thx
Last edited by scichic34 on March 14th, 2009, 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robotman
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by robotman » March 3rd, 2009, 7:09 pm

does your axle move i had that problem in wheeled vehicle and it was because the axle was moving back and forth
Edit the [wiki][/wiki].
Upload to the Image Gallery
Get Medals

croman74
Division: C
State: MI

Post by croman74 » March 3rd, 2009, 7:11 pm

Make sure the sides of the cart are parallel. And, like robotman said, make sure the axle doesn't move.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson

jweil_buddha

Post by jweil_buddha » March 5th, 2009, 7:10 pm

In the 2009 rules I cannot find a rule saying the egg must be on the starting line before initiating the run Am i correct?
Regionals '08
1st Scrambler
2nd Road Scholar
3rd Metric Mastery
Regionals '09
Pentathalon 1st
Physical Science 1st
Scrambler 2nd
Road Scholar 5th
School Overall 1st !!!!!!!

fleet130
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by fleet130 » March 5th, 2009, 7:35 pm

Try paragraph 4.h.
Information expressed here is solely the opinion of the author. Any similarity to that of the management or any official instrument is purely coincidental! Doing Science Olympiad since 1987!

Dark X

Scramblers on youtube

Post by Dark X » March 6th, 2009, 2:20 pm

If you are building a new scrambler or need to tweak one look at the Scrambla video on youtube for ideas.
*A.G. Cox Middle All Day!*

rman
Division: C

Re: Scramblers on youtube

Post by rman » March 6th, 2009, 3:20 pm

Some very useful animations for those who just can't picture it. Why did you make the frames jump around and put in random noise though? I also noticed that our scambler from last year was in your video, and even though it shows no useful information about what was unique in the design, it might have been nice if you at least asked if it was ok to photograph and display someone elses work. No big deal so ya don't need to get defensive or anything. That was a lot of work to put that all together and I am sure it will be very useful to many people. Thanks.

Dark X

Post by Dark X » March 6th, 2009, 3:48 pm

Im sorry I just copied and pasted from my state science olympiad website.
*A.G. Cox Middle All Day!*

fleet130
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus

Post by fleet130 » March 6th, 2009, 3:53 pm

The requirement to get permission before displaying photographs taken in a public place is a common misconception. It is my understanding that anyone can take photos of anything or anyone in a public place and display them anywhere. There is no requirement (either moral or legal) to ask or receive permission. By displaying your device in a public place, you are granting implied permission. The only time permission is necessary is if the photos are used for commercial purposed.

Since the photo was of someone else's device and the appearance of your device in the photo was incidental, they could even use the photo for commercial purposes without permission. By your own statement the photo "shows no useful information about what was unique in the design".

Note: This applies to photos THEY have taken. Before displaying photos taken by someone else, they would need to first get permission from the person who took the photograph.
Information expressed here is solely the opinion of the author. Any similarity to that of the management or any official instrument is purely coincidental! Doing Science Olympiad since 1987!

Return to “2009 Build Events”