Scrambler B

ChrisYim
Division: C
State: IL
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Scrambler B

Post by ChrisYim » April 16th, 2009, 3:16 pm

Oh...ok. So I'll just keep my regular Scrambler vehicle without the backstop. But I really agree that they were too easy on us at Regionals. It says in the rules you need to wear goggle or you cant participate, and we were the only ones with goggles. The judges didn't do anything. Another thing was some people put tape all around the egg and the judges didn't count penalty for that! I really think they should have gotten fired.

fmtiger124
Division: Grad
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 » April 16th, 2009, 4:28 pm

ChrisYim wrote:Oh...ok. So I'll just keep my regular Scrambler vehicle without the backstop. But I really agree that they were too easy on us at Regionals. It says in the rules you need to wear goggle or you cant participate, and we were the only ones with goggles. The judges didn't do anything. Another thing was some people put tape all around the egg and the judges didn't count penalty for that! I really think they should have gotten fired.
last year we got through regionals fine w/o any violations
but at states apparently somehting that was fine at regionals has suddeenly become a violation

croman74
State: MI

Post by croman74 » April 16th, 2009, 4:51 pm

That happened to me. Apparently at states my falling mass had gained mass.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson

ChrisYim
State: IL

Post by ChrisYim » April 16th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Oooo...that sucks. Anyways, anyone know if the Scrambler is better when it is heavier or lighter? Also, does it matter how thick the wheels are?

fmtiger124
Division: Grad
State: NY

Post by fmtiger124 » April 17th, 2009, 5:51 am

ChrisYim wrote:Oooo...that sucks. Anyways, anyone know if the Scrambler is better when it is heavier or lighter? Also, does it matter how thick the wheels are?
heavier the brake is more exact but it doesnt go as far lighter is the reverse

bob3443

Post by bob3443 » April 17th, 2009, 1:01 pm

ChrisYim wrote:Oooo...that sucks. Anyways, anyone know if the Scrambler is better when it is heavier or lighter? Also, does it matter how thick the wheels are?
lighter scramblers tend to skid a lot more. for the thickness of the wheels i think that's just for more friction.
croman74 wrote:That happened to me. Apparently at states my falling mass had gained mass.
haha funny/long story about impounding my mass at states. took us about an hour or so.

soobsession

Post by soobsession » April 17th, 2009, 2:00 pm

fmtiger124 wrote:last year we got through regionals fine w/o any violations
but at states apparently somehting that was fine at regionals has suddeenly become a violation
yeah that happened with us. >.< we were fine at regionals but the judge there overlooked some rules that the judge at states didnt overlook. we thought we were fine when we went to states since we were fine at regionals...but we had a violation... :|

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

Fuzzy Mint
State: WA

Post by Fuzzy Mint » April 17th, 2009, 7:18 pm

yeah, that happend to us last year too. they never told us anything about it, but then we got to state and there was something wrong with the egg-platform thingy. but they said it was okay if we cut it down to size but it would use up part of our 10 minutes.

bob3443

Post by bob3443 » April 18th, 2009, 11:59 am

Fuzzy Mint wrote:yeah, that happend to us last year too. they never told us anything about it, but then we got to state and there was something wrong with the egg-platform thingy. but they said it was okay if we cut it down to size but it would use up part of our 10 minutes.
that's not that bad, at least you get to change it and still be in first tier.
also reminds me when i was at regionals that my thing was just UNDER the maximum height. then at states my thing was 0.01cm too TALL. He measured again and then it was 0.01 UNDER the height(lol it was funny). He was nice and he let me go by.

Fuzzy Mint
State: WA

Post by Fuzzy Mint » April 18th, 2009, 8:50 pm

wow, thats really funny. :D but probably kinda annoying for u guys.
anyway, wanna thank everyone who helped recommend stuff, because we finally had our state competition today! and even though we got 7th in scrambler (it was 8 inches away from the board, but had gone quite a bit crooked which made it 28 inches) thats better then last year when we got 10th at state.

anyway, results at 2009 state!
reach for the stars-6
meteorology-4
compute this-5
scrambler-7

but our whole team still got 2nd place! which is pretty good compared to last years 4th and the year before thats 9th. but next year if i still do scioly i have to go to C, which i hope isn't too different....
anyway, thanks! :D

Return to “2009 Build Events”