Trajectory B/C

User avatar
fmtiger124
Member
Member
Posts: 480
Joined: March 8th, 2009, 3:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Trajectory B/C

Post by fmtiger124 » April 27th, 2009, 6:07 pm

basically yes from what I can see
except:
ours can adjust the height angle
the PVC pipe is muh wider and it has more metal components than yours
I don't see bungee shords on yours either
Image

starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 932
Joined: April 5th, 2008, 6:51 pm
Division: Grad
State: ME
Location: Waterville, Maine

Re: Trajectory B/C

Post by starpug » April 27th, 2009, 6:29 pm

fmtiger124 wrote:basically yes from what I can see
except:
ours can adjust the height angle
the PVC pipe is muh wider and it has more metal components than yours
I don't see bungee shords on yours either
The bungie cords are black and blend in with the duct tape, this is from when we could use any hollow pliable ball we wanted, we used a handball.
We can adjust the hieght also, with the board on the bottom that comes out and can slide into holes in the base.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

User avatar
fmtiger124
Member
Member
Posts: 480
Joined: March 8th, 2009, 3:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Trajectory B/C

Post by fmtiger124 » April 27th, 2009, 6:40 pm

starpug wrote:
fmtiger124 wrote:basically yes from what I can see
except:
ours can adjust the height angle
the PVC pipe is muh wider and it has more metal components than yours
I don't see bungee shords on yours either
The bungie cords are black and blend in with the duct tape, this is from when we could use any hollow pliable ball we wanted, we used a handball.
We can adjust the hieght also, with the board on the bottom that comes out and can slide into holes in the base.
our height adjusts by taking the PVC and it moves up and down and a metal dowel is slid into the correct slot on a frame and into the PVC to hold it up
Image

User avatar
thebeast4400
Member
Member
Posts: 14
Joined: April 23rd, 2009, 12:31 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Location: Eagle Hill, in New York

Re: Trajectory B/C

Post by thebeast4400 » April 28th, 2009, 9:18 am

we work everyother day and on saturdays on ours

ours is an old lacrosse stick connected to a wooden box. we use this hollow elastic as the source of the power.
"that happens about as often as i remeber which way is left!"

on route to nationals <3

Trajectory=2nd
sumo=1st
pentathalon=4th (or 5th, i dont know)
junkyard=27th (ahhhh the stupid arm missed the moustrap!)

User avatar
fmtiger124
Member
Member
Posts: 480
Joined: March 8th, 2009, 3:59 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Trajectory B/C

Post by fmtiger124 » April 28th, 2009, 11:42 am

thebeast4400 wrote:we work everyother day and on saturdays on ours

ours is an old lacrosse stick connected to a wooden box. we use this hollow elastic as the source of the power.
I has a nice paint job too :D
I think they went a little crazy
Image

User avatar
anon y mouse
Member
Member
Posts: 35
Joined: May 2nd, 2009, 10:36 am
Division: C
State: PA

Re: Trajectory B/C

Post by anon y mouse » May 3rd, 2009, 6:01 pm

Is anyone here not using a bungee or medical tubing? I'm interested if other materials can get better inter-shot consistency.

starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 932
Joined: April 5th, 2008, 6:51 pm
Division: Grad
State: ME
Location: Waterville, Maine

Re: Trajectory B/C

Post by starpug » May 3rd, 2009, 6:59 pm

anon y mouse wrote:Is anyone here not using a bungee or medical tubing? I'm interested if other materials can get better inter-shot consistency.
Excercise tubing, it's made to return to shape.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

kp9ssa
Member
Member
Posts: 201
Joined: March 22nd, 2009, 7:51 am
Division: B

Re: Trajectory B/C

Post by kp9ssa » May 5th, 2009, 2:31 pm

what was the best score you got in trajectory ever
States

1st- Anatomy
4th- Dynamic Planet
2nd- Water Quality
2nd- Write it Do it

Team Overall: 1st

starpug
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Posts: 932
Joined: April 5th, 2008, 6:51 pm
Division: Grad
State: ME
Location: Waterville, Maine

Re: Trajectory B/C

Post by starpug » May 5th, 2009, 2:36 pm

I think it was 250. 0 close target, 250 far.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain

shankster
Member
Member
Posts: 4
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 8:11 pm
Division: B
State: SD

Re: Trajectory B/C

Post by shankster » May 6th, 2009, 8:17 pm

Yeah, I was curious about what you guys are getting for scores too? I'm getting aroung 150(Division B), but I dont know what national scores are like, as this is my first year that I get to participate (last year i competed as an alternate).


Trajectory broken:
2 times
Bridges broken:
17
Planes built:
3
Last edited by shankster on May 7th, 2009, 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Return to “2009 Build Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest