Green Generation B/C [NY Trial]

ayw
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Green Generation B/C [NY Trial]

Post by ayw »

EastStroudsburg13 wrote:I expect that next year will be the first year of the two year rotation, since it is still a trial this year. It then might enter a rotation with Ecology and Water Quality, with each event getting two years before being rotated out.
... so does that mean I need to prepare everything? all of part 2 is dependent on which year it is...
Problems resulting from human impacts on the quality of our environment
A. Aquatic Environment Issues –Water pollution, Ocean Dead Zones, Water Diversion, Overfishing (year 1)
B. Air Quality Issues – Acid rain, Air Pollution, Nuclear Pollution (year 1)
C. Climate Change Issues – Greenhouse Effect, Ozone Depletion (year 1)
D. Terrestrial Environment Issues – Desertification, Deforestation, Soil pollution, Waste Disposal, Mining (year 2)
E. Population Growth Issues – Habitat Destruction, Farming Practices, Fertilizers & Pesticides (year 2)
:|
scioly is so stressful...
2014 Events: Green Generation (NY Trial Event), Heredity, Disease Detectives, and Robo-Cross.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Well, that depends on the proctor. This year, you should prepare for everything on the rules, so yes, it would be both terrestrial and marine. However, in future years the rules will likely be more specific, based on what topic is being used that year.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
PastorisFilius
Division: C

Post by PastorisFilius »

From the tests that I have seen, you should know the content covered in the rules fairly well. The questions often ask you to apply that knowledge to certain scenarios or specific questions. There have been questions from "what is the largest producer of solar energy" (from a list of countries) to "which law is described by the following statement." Also, the test usually incorporates some sort of graph to read, whether pH or energy consumption. Hope this helps
B: CJAP, Experimental Design, Fossils, Heredity, MagLev, Microbe Mission, Mission Possible, Road Scholar, Write It Do It
C: Entomology, Fossils, Geologic Mapping, Green Generation, Protein Modeling
jdramsso

Post by jdramsso »

How far in depth are we going to need to know about energy and anti-pollution laws? I've been looking at a couple of the major ones, such as the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act, but if anyone knows any other laws and could tell me, that would be great. Also, on our regional test, we experienced a couple of odd questions, one of which involved labeling the parts and rings of a tree. Are the tests at states going to be this random, and if so, how can we prepare for them if they're not mentioned in the rules? :ugeek:
PastorisFilius

Post by PastorisFilius »

jdramsso wrote:How far in depth are we going to need to know about energy and anti-pollution laws? I've been looking at a couple of the major ones, such as the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act, but if anyone knows any other laws and could tell me, that would be great. Also, on our regional test, we experienced a couple of odd questions, one of which involved labeling the parts and rings of a tree. Are the tests at states going to be this random, and if so, how can we prepare for them if they're not mentioned in the rules? :ugeek:
As for laws, there is typically one, maybe two, questions on them. I would know the major laws and what they do (ref sheet?) and also major conventions like the Kyoto Protocol. The rules are quite vague, and they can pretty much ask anything they want to, as long as it relates to the topics. So read anything and everything about any specific topic :?
B: CJAP, Experimental Design, Fossils, Heredity, MagLev, Microbe Mission, Mission Possible, Road Scholar, Write It Do It
C: Entomology, Fossils, Geologic Mapping, Green Generation, Protein Modeling

Return to “2014 Study Events”