Meteorology B

Jim_R
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Meteorology B

Post by Jim_R »

-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
emescferrall
Division: B
State: AZ
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by emescferrall »

The rules say "Each student may bring one non-programmable calculator and one 8.5" x 11" two-sided page of notes containing information from any form in any source." Does that mean that my partner can bring a different set of notes than me? I really hope so, because if that's true, we can expand our notes SO much! Thx :D
I took first at 2013 States as a 6th grader in Meteorology!!!

2014 State Results:

Anatomy: 2nd
Can't Judge A Powder: 9th
Crime Busters: 1st
Heredity: 3rd
Meteorology: 3rd
Sounds of Music: 2nd

2015 Events: Anatomy, Crave The Wave, Crime Busters, Experimental Design, Meteorology, Picture This
mrburrito
State: TN

Post by mrburrito »

No, sorry. Each team may bring one set of notes. One two-sided note sheet for each team.
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito
emescferrall

Post by emescferrall »

:( Aww man! Thanks anyway.

2014 State Results:

2015 Events: Anatomy, Crave The Wave, Crime Busters, Experimental Design, Meteorology, Picture This
chalker
State: OH

Post by chalker »

mrburrito wrote:No, sorry. Each team may bring one set of notes. One two-sided note sheet for each team.
I'm not sure I agree with your interpretation. I think the wording is pretty explicit and doesn't say anything about teams.......Of course, as always, this isn't the place for official clarifications.

Student Alumni
National Event Supervisor
National Physical Sciences Rules Committee Chair
mrburrito
State: TN

Post by mrburrito »

chalker wrote:
mrburrito wrote:No, sorry. Each team may bring one set of notes. One two-sided note sheet for each team.
I'm not sure I agree with your interpretation. I think the wording is pretty explicit and doesn't say anything about teams.......Of course, as always, this isn't the place for official clarifications.
Hmm, that might be very good news for my team :) . I was thinking that rule would stay the same as last year, thank you chalker.
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

chalker wrote:
I agree with Chalker. Student is bolded in the statement. Sweet!
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
silverheart7
State: NY

Post by silverheart7 »

I have a Meteorology Today textbook, 2004 edition. But does anyone have recommendations for studying for this year?
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer
emescferrall

Post by emescferrall »

Silverheart7, check out this year's rules. All topics are listed, so you should be able to google each topic and find some info.

2014 State Results:

silverheart7
State: NY

Post by silverheart7 »

Ah, yes, I've been doing that as well :D I was just wondering about books specifically, so I could like take it to school or read it in the car. I'm excited for this topic, but also pretty nervous. I haven't done meteorology in two years, and it flopped the first time.
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer

Return to “2014 Study Events”