Meteorology B

Crazy Puny Man
Division: Grad
State: IN
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meteorology B

Post by Crazy Puny Man »

silverheart7 wrote:I have a Meteorology Today textbook, 2004 edition. But does anyone have recommendations for studying for this year?
My teammate said that thing's like the Meteo Bible...back when we were in middle school, that is
awesome90220
Division: B
State: AL

Post by awesome90220 »

http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/%28Gh%29/g ... /home.rxml I've come to find this website a pretty decent one for storms
2016 Season: BISOT/Reg/State/Nats
Wind Power:9/1/1/11
Experimental Design:5/1/1/16
It's About Time:-/1/1/20
MMeteorite1
Division: C
State: OH

Post by MMeteorite1 »

Just purchased 4th addition (I think they are at 10 now) for $20 on Amazon. Very comprehensive.
Crazy Puny Man wrote:
silverheart7 wrote:I have a Meteorology Today textbook, 2004 edition. But does anyone have recommendations for studying for this year?
My teammate said that thing's like the Meteo Bible...back when we were in middle school, that is
awesome90220

Post by awesome90220 »

On topic e it includes lightning strokes, is it just a typo(lightning strikes) or is it actually supposed to be lightning strokes?
Also identifying cloud types associated to severe storms(h) are these like wall clouds and shelf clouds or cumulonimbus and cumulus, etc. clouds?
mrburrito
State: TN

Post by mrburrito »

Crazy Puny Man wrote:
OMG That's what my old coach called it! :o
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito
Terminader_SciChamp
State: CA

Post by Terminader_SciChamp »

Does anyone know any good sites for studying, the people in my group only mess around :x
awesome90220

Post by awesome90220 »

Terminader_SciChamp wrote:Does anyone know any good sites for studying, the people in my group only mess around :x
Well there's the wiki, and the website I mentioned earlier, http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/%28Gh%29/g/home.rxml , and you can always search things with google
ScienceOlympian
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: CA

Post by ScienceOlympian »

awesome90220 wrote:
Terminader_SciChamp wrote:Does anyone know any good sites for studying, the people in my group only mess around :x
Well there's the wiki, and the website I mentioned earlier, http://ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu/%28Gh%29/g/home.rxml , and you can always search things with google
Do you think that the website above and the wiki have all of the info I need on Severe Storms? Or should I research more? (This is for a invitational, so I don't need every single bit of information out there.)
2017: Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry Lab, Materials Science, Experimental Design, Hydrogeology
ScienceOlympian's Userpage
MrFluffStuff
State: UT

Post by MrFluffStuff »

This event is very confusing. we have a lot of practice tests, but it is just zoo hard to remember everything :P
awesome90220

Post by awesome90220 »

ScienceOlympian wrote:
awesome90220 wrote:
Do you think that the website above and the wiki have all of the info I need on Severe Storms? Or should I research more? (This is for a invitational, so I don't need every single bit of information out there.)
Definitely not. What I do, is I look through every letter and try to find the information sufficient for it.

Return to “2014 Study Events”