Solar System B

embokim
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System B

Post by embokim »

so the test is just about water and ice? Also I mean that with the extra time instead of studying something endlessly to drill in my brain that woin't be on the test I could also work on my other two events. :ugeek: :twisted: :twisted: :ugeek:
Happy to be here
WStevens2090
Division: B
State: AL

Post by WStevens2090 »

Where have you guys been finding your info on this extraterrestrial ice and water stuff?
Dragon_Slayer

Post by Dragon_Slayer »

WStevens2090 wrote:Where have you guys been finding your info on this extraterrestrial ice and water stuff?
My coach gave me a two inch binder all about the history of the solar system, everything about the planets, everything about the sun, and pretty much every constellation known to man. Somehow, I still have absolutley no information. Maybe because I get distracted easily. I'm sure everything I need to know is in there.
2013 Events: Helicopters
Reach for the Stars
2014 Events: Robo-Cross
Helicopters
Solar System
2015 Events: Fossils
Picture This
Green Generation
Dynamic Planet
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

Dragon_Slayer wrote:
WStevens2090 wrote:Where have you guys been finding your info on this extraterrestrial ice and water stuff?
My coach gave me a two inch binder all about the history of the solar system, everything about the planets, everything about the sun, and pretty much every constellation known to man. Somehow, I still have absolutley no information. Maybe because I get distracted easily. I'm sure everything I need to know is in there.
I'm pretty sure next to nothing you need to know is in there. The new event is all current research, you won't find what you need in someone's old study binder. Has your coach read the new rules?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
Dragon_Slayer

Post by Dragon_Slayer »

rfscoach wrote:
Dragon_Slayer wrote:
I'm pretty sure next to nothing you need to know is in there. The new event is all current research, you won't find what you need in someone's old study binder. Has your coach read the new rules?
Probably.
2013 Events: Helicopters
Reach for the Stars
2014 Events: Robo-Cross
Helicopters
Solar System
2015 Events: Fossils
Picture This
Green Generation
Dynamic Planet
Epicness101

Post by Epicness101 »

Question. So i'm up to researching the moon of Enceladus, and i'm just wondering: Should we research cryovolcanoes even though it's not on the list, but the theme this year is all about water in the solar system?
From da Big Apple
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

It could be worthwhile, since lots of supervisors will include things in their tests that are relevant to the event, but not explicitly stated in the rules. Often, those sort of things separate the great teams from the good teams.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
phil9047
Division: C
State: CA

Post by phil9047 »

Currently the main resource I am using is NASA's website. I was wondering, what other resources are out there (other than Wikipedia)?
Sine functions are quite odd, to be honest.
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by syo_astro »

First, I think you should look into cryovolcanoes. It seems to be a major feature related to this year's topic.

Second, from experience google is of course a great source! Tad also nicely linked to a great resource (the aavso link). Really, outside that AAVSO link, NASA/JPL, and wikipedia, I think using googling for various resources may be your best bet. Sorry if that sounds fairly obvious, but you'll see stuff from universetoday, space.com, all sorts of places, so it may be better just to get working.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
19puppylover
State: CA

Solar System B

Post by 19puppylover »

Are there any sites you all suggest for studying, that doesn't include typing the category into Google??? I already use Nasa, but that doesn't have much info about Europa. :?

Return to “2014 Study Events”