Solar System B

embokim
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System B

Post by embokim »

Wait so Solar Systems isn't just about the water and ice in our solar system?
Happy to be here
tad_k_22
Division: Grad

Post by tad_k_22 »

Hi everybody,

Just so you know, there are flash cards, webinars, and practice tests for the event on http://www.aavso.org/science-olympiad-2014 .

I hope they help!

Tad
Old Events:
Astronomy, Remote Sensing (Both Mars and Global Warming), Dynamic Planet (Oceanography/Earthquakes and Volcanoes), It's About Time, Technical Problem Solving, and I really don't want to count, but did fail at-Fermi Questions.
Dragon_Slayer
Division: B

Post by Dragon_Slayer »

embokim wrote:Wait so Solar Systems isn't just about the water and ice in our solar system?
Pretty much.
2013 Events: Helicopters
Reach for the Stars
2014 Events: Robo-Cross
Helicopters
Solar System
2015 Events: Fossils
Picture This
Green Generation
Dynamic Planet
embokim

Post by embokim »

I don't want to study what I don't have to and waste time.
My bro says that each year the Theme of Solar Systems changes every year and that this year the theme is water and ice. It also says that this years Solar system says that students must learn about the water and ice inb our solar system. :geek: :evil: :evil: :geek:
Happy to be here
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

embokim wrote:I don't want to study what I don't have to and waste time.
My bro says that each year the Theme of Solar Systems changes every year and that this year the theme is water and ice. It also says that this years Solar system says that students must learn about the water and ice inb our solar system. :geek: :evil: :evil: :geek:
This is the first year out of the last few rotations for Solar Systems that the theme/rules have changed. How is learning new something a waste of time?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
embokim

Post by embokim »

so the test is just about water and ice? Also I mean that with the extra time instead of studying something endlessly to drill in my brain that woin't be on the test I could also work on my other two events. :ugeek: :twisted: :twisted: :ugeek:
Happy to be here
WStevens2090
State: AL

Post by WStevens2090 »

Where have you guys been finding your info on this extraterrestrial ice and water stuff?
Dragon_Slayer

Post by Dragon_Slayer »

WStevens2090 wrote:Where have you guys been finding your info on this extraterrestrial ice and water stuff?
My coach gave me a two inch binder all about the history of the solar system, everything about the planets, everything about the sun, and pretty much every constellation known to man. Somehow, I still have absolutley no information. Maybe because I get distracted easily. I'm sure everything I need to know is in there.
Reach for the Stars
Helicopters
Solar System
Picture This
Green Generation
Dynamic Planet
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

Dragon_Slayer wrote:
WStevens2090 wrote:Where have you guys been finding your info on this extraterrestrial ice and water stuff?
My coach gave me a two inch binder all about the history of the solar system, everything about the planets, everything about the sun, and pretty much every constellation known to man. Somehow, I still have absolutley no information. Maybe because I get distracted easily. I'm sure everything I need to know is in there.
I'm pretty sure next to nothing you need to know is in there. The new event is all current research, you won't find what you need in someone's old study binder. Has your coach read the new rules?
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
Dragon_Slayer

Post by Dragon_Slayer »

rfscoach wrote:
Dragon_Slayer wrote:
I'm pretty sure next to nothing you need to know is in there. The new event is all current research, you won't find what you need in someone's old study binder. Has your coach read the new rules?
Probably.
Reach for the Stars
Helicopters
Solar System
Picture This
Green Generation
Dynamic Planet

Return to “2014 Study Events”