Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: IA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Solar System B

Post by zyzzyva980 »

Just uploaded the Solar System test I wrote for the NE Kansas regional this past weekend. There were a good healthy range of scores. The top team brushed up close to 100 points (out of 150), and no team scored less than 20. I'd say if your team is serious about doing well in this event at your state tournament or even at nationals you should probably shoot for more than 100 points on this test. If you've put in the work and know what to look for in the rules that shouldn't be difficult.

Find it here: Solar System Test Exchange 2014
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter
sciolymom
Division: C
State: CO

Post by sciolymom »

zyzzyva980 wrote:Just uploaded the Solar System test I wrote for the NE Kansas regional this past weekend. There were a good healthy range of scores. The top team brushed up close to 100 points (out of 150), and no team scored less than 20. I'd say if your team is serious about doing well in this event at your state tournament or even at nationals you should probably shoot for more than 100 points on this test. If you've put in the work and know what to look for in the rules that shouldn't be difficult.

Find it here: Solar System Test Exchange 2014
Thank you so much for posting this! There are so few tests out there since the new event parameters. The test our kids took for Regionals was really wonky and had ZERO questions on ice and water, they were pretty disappointed. Your efforts to produce a test that follows the rules are greatly appreciated - thanks for your work!

(Hey, Colorado is pretty close, wanna come supervise for us? :)
Mom/Event Coach
Unome
State: GA

Post by Unome »

I decided not to take the test because at some point I'll probably get it from my coach, and I don't want to retake a test like.
Userpage

Opinions expressed on this site are not official; the only place for official rules changes and FAQs is soinc.org.
rfscoach
Coach
Coach
Division: B
State: GA

Post by rfscoach »

Unome wrote:I decided not to take the test because at some point I'll probably get it from my coach, and I don't want to retake a test like.
You took it Wednesday. All four of you scored in the low 100's.
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.
mrburrito
State: TN

Post by mrburrito »

I'm looking for specific and reliable links for information on missions. I would like to know more about missions that involve the moons specifically indicated in the rules. This has been my weakest area in this event so far, and I would really like to improve my knowledge on it. Thanks in advance.
I bet you had to read this twice

Meliores Sumus Te

Visit my Wiki page: http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/Mrburrito
sciolymom
State: CO

Post by sciolymom »

mrburrito wrote:I'm looking for specific and reliable links for information on missions. I would like to know more about missions that involve the moons specifically indicated in the rules. This has been my weakest area in this event so far, and I would really like to improve my knowledge on it. Thanks in advance.
Go to the JPL site and search the name of the mission you are looking for. There will usually be links about instruments, timelines, etc.

To browse missions, select the mission tab on the JPL site, and select ALL.
Mom/Event Coach
Astroknight

Post by Astroknight »

akfackenthal00 wrote:we just had our first invitationals today, but one fo the questions on the test was " where are there equatorial glaciers on earth?" this made me really confused, so i put there are none, but i need a little bit of help here... ?
I think we used your test for an invitational in Tennessee! The test was from some invitational in California, and I remember that question. That question is out of place.
TSA's pretty cool... i guess

2015 events:
Essays on Technology, Tech Bowl, Water Infrastructure, Website Design
slytherin
State: KS

Post by slytherin »

So, I've never done this event before, and I am REALLY confused as to what I'm supposed to do, I used the Wiki but I still don't really know what to do. Could somebody please post a website or help me out a bit?
State:
Anatomy: 2nd
Meteorology: 2nd
Simple Machines: 2nd
Solar System: 2nd
Notice a pattern :lol:
Astroknight

Post by Astroknight »

slytherin wrote:So, I've never done this event before, and I am REALLY confused as to what I'm supposed to do, I used the Wiki but I still don't really know what to do. Could somebody please post a website or help me out a bit?
Hate to break it to you, but the wiki won't help you for this year's rules. Start with Wikipedia and Google and go from there. Your coach should have the rules for this year.
TSA's pretty cool... i guess

2015 events:
Essays on Technology, Tech Bowl, Water Infrastructure, Website Design
zyzzyva980
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
State: IA

Post by zyzzyva980 »

This would be a cue for someone to update the wiki.
Olathe North HS, 2011-2013 | National Runner-Up, Sounds of Music (2012)
Never lose the joy of competing in the pursuit of winning

Resources
Site Help: FAQ & IRC
Event Help: [wiki][/wiki] & Image Gallery
Social Networks: scioly.org on Facebook & Twitter

Return to “2014 Study Events”