Rule 3, i. prohibits integrated circuits.
Is that just ICs or did they mean all semi-conductors?
Purely personal opinion- usual caveats, "only official place for clarifications is..."
1) IC mention is in conjunction with brushless motors (which require fairly complex ICs to work)
2) there is no language addressing/mentioning/allowing/prohibiting other electrical/electronic components
3) definition of IC is multiple, integrated, circuits
4) a single semi-conductor is not an IC
5) multiple semi-conductors, unless 'integrated' onto some sort of....substrate do not constitute an "IC."