Bungee Drop C

Jim_R
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Bungee Drop C

Post by Jim_R »

-The path of the Administrator is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

-Nothing\'s gonna get deleted. We\'re gonna be like three little Fonzies here. And what\'s Fonzie like? Come on, what\'s Fonzie like?
-Cool?
-Correctamundo. And that\'s what we\'re gonna be. We\'re gonna be cool. Now, I\'m gonna count to three, and when I count three, you let go of your mouse, and back away from the keyboard. But when you do it, you do it cool. Ready? One... two... three.
number_cruncher
Division: C
State: MO
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bungee Drop C

Post by number_cruncher »

Deleted at mod request
Last edited by number_cruncher on September 11th, 2013, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
jander14indoor

Post by jander14indoor »

I don't have your answer, but be aware, this is NOT the place for clarifications. This is an unofficial site, not formally recognized by NSO.
You might get useful and reasoned answers that will help you run the event, but they are not official answers.
For official answers you must go to the National site, www.soinc.org and submit your question there. BUT, they are not yet set up to start answering questions for this year, we are either a week or a month away, don't remember.

Jeff Anderson
Livonia, MI
techmaster55
Division: B
State: NY

Post by techmaster55 »

Is anybody else as confused as I am on this event o_o. I mean does anybody have any ideas on how you can adjust the elasticity of the band (or something of the sort) after impound? Or am I the only one who is this confused...
iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: TX

Post by iwonder »

You can mark off points to hold the other end of the cord at. Basically change the length of the cord based on the drop height and mass.
'If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room' - Unknown
Lake101258
State: CA

Post by Lake101258 »

Let the massive testing begin. Best of luck to everyone!
bookworm2110
State: CT

Post by bookworm2110 »

I have never done a build event, and neither has my partner. This seems mostly like trial and error, though. Any tips?
2014 Events: Boomilever, Dynamic Planet, Entomology, Experimental Design
baker
State: NY

Post by baker »

bookworm2110 wrote:I have never done a build event, and neither has my partner. This seems mostly like trial and error, though. Any tips?
First off... READ the rules very carefully. Build something that meets those rules. Test what you have, if it doesn't do what you wanted, observe what didn't work and change it. Tweek what did work. Trial and error? Yes. Keep a log for yourself, what materials used, lengths, weights, times.. whatever will help you decide what to change. Did I mention READ the rules very carefully. The more time you put in the better you will look at competition. Good luck!
Lake101258
State: CA

Post by Lake101258 »

bookworm2110 wrote:I have never done a build event, and neither has my partner. This seems mostly like trial and error, though. Any tips?
Don't start too late on the data collection! Yes it is important to have a well made device but this event is mainly about how much time you've spent collecting data. Also I would be careful and make sure you are prepared for a variety of things at competition. The rules seem very open as to what the proctor can do.

I'm going to some invitationals before regionals and would recommend you do the same if possible! Best of luck!
The Architect
State: VT

Post by The Architect »

Must the entire cord be elastic, or just the bottom meter?
Science, yeah!

Made a new team. 7th place at NH states. Officially the champions of Vermont.

2015-2016 Events:
Air Trajectory, It's About Time, EXPD, and WIDI.

Return to “2014 Build Events”