Reach For The Stars

pjgscioisamazing
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Reach For The Stars

Post by pjgscioisamazing »

Helix_Nebula_Freak wrote:O my gosh. Congratulations on 4th! :) I love stars, no matter what place I get, but placing at Nationals is HUGE (as I'm sure you know...)
Thanks! I was so happy.

I really enjoyed the event and liked how it was set up, but it was just too easy. Especially having the lines in the pictures!
2007-2012. Paul J Gelinas Jr High and Ward Melville High School

Astronomy, Rocks & Minerals, MagLev, Dynamic Planet (E&V), Anatomy (Circulatory), Reach for the Stars, Meteorology (Climate), Remote Sensing, Disease Detectives, Metric Mastery, Pentathlon, Balloon Race, Tower Building
yousmellchinese123
Division: C

Post by yousmellchinese123 »

It felt like an okay test.

13th place though XD
2010 Events: Elevated Bridge, Mission Possible, Ornithology, Astronomy, Experimental Design
2011 Events: Mission Possible, Astronomy, Experimental Design, Tech Trek
2012 Events: Robot Arm, Astronomy, Experimental Design, Tech Trek, Thermodynamics
Helix_Nebula_Freak
State: PA

Post by Helix_Nebula_Freak »

pjgscioisamazing wrote:
Helix_Nebula_Freak wrote:O my gosh. Congratulations on 4th! :) I love stars, no matter what place I get, but placing at Nationals is HUGE (as I'm sure you know...)
Thanks! I was so happy.

I really enjoyed the event and liked how it was set up, but it was just too easy. Especially having the lines in the pictures!
I know!!!!!! Half of me's glad the lines were there, but at the same time I felt like it was an insult to our pride... I know I shoulden't really be talking considering my place, but I think it would have been better without the lines...
2010 Events: Shock Value: 1st in Region, 2nd in State Experimental Design: 2nd in State Pentatholon: 3rd in State Solar System: 2nd in Region

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.” ~Rollo May
pjgscioisamazing

Helix_Nebula_Freak wrote:
pjgscioisamazing wrote:
Thanks! I was so happy.

I know!!!!!! Half of me's glad the lines were there, but at the same time I felt like it was an insult to our pride... I know I shoulden't really be talking considering my place, but I think it would have been better without the lines...
Yeah, same, I'm kinda glad the lines were there, but I probably would have still figured each of the constellations out.

Astronomy, Rocks & Minerals, MagLev, Dynamic Planet (E&V), Anatomy (Circulatory), Reach for the Stars, Meteorology (Climate), Remote Sensing, Disease Detectives, Metric Mastery, Pentathlon, Balloon Race, Tower Building
Helix_Nebula_Freak

My partner and I probably would have figured most of them out, but not all of them...

Hey, were eclipses even in the rules? Just curious. :?:
2010 Events: Shock Value: 1st in Region, 2nd in State Experimental Design: 2nd in State Pentatholon: 3rd in State Solar System: 2nd in Region

“The opposite of courage in our society is not cowardice, it is conformity.” ~Rollo May
HappySciencePie

Post by HappySciencePie »

pjgscioisamazing wrote:
Helix_Nebula_Freak wrote:I thought this test was surprisingly easy for a National test (Although I still got 23rd :? ...)

Did anyone else feel that way?
Yes I thought the test was extremely easy. I actually have a feeling I know what I got wrong. I got 4th ( :D :D :D :D ) and I bet that the 6 medal places were separated by about 10 points.
Oh, really? :D
Not that I'm surprised or anything :lol:
You were an AWESOME teacher >:U
Celestial rectangle<3

I'll be so sad when you'll be at the high school D:
Wait. So that means my partner's gonna be--Ohh no :shock:
Nationals 2011: Flying Bird; team (Gelinas) ~ 7th
Nationals 2010: Optics ~ 9th; team (Gelinas) ~ 3rd
MELLO YELLO
Ward Melville FTW <3
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

Helix_Nebula_Freak wrote:My partner and I probably would have figured most of them out, but not all of them...

Hey, were eclipses even in the rules? Just curious. :?:
They weren't mentioned specifically, but you could put them under Sun, I guess. That seems more Solar System to me though.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
Helix_Nebula_Freak

Yeah, that's what I thought...

Oh well...

pjgscioisamazing

Well I know it was maybe in question number 20-30 there was a question that's answer was an eclipse. Then the questions about the moon and arcturus i think was a conjunction. And then of course there was a picture of the solar eclipse.

RightorRong
Division: B
State: CA

Post by RightorRong »

Where can we find the test? Didn't the event supervisor say that he would put the test on a website or something like that?

Return to “2009 Study Events”