General Study Events

andrewwski
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0

Re: General Study Events

Post by andrewwski »

All events will require a time commitment. Looking for the event that consumes the least of your time may not be a wise move.
EastStroudsburg13
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad
State: PA
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 »

sciencegeek100 wrote:
elated wrote:So, I'm thinking about joining SciOly this year as a freshman. This practically leaves me with nothing I know really well. I know everyone has different opinions, but which topics do you think I would be able to pick and be selected for my HS team? I know, I do have to do a lot of research, and compete with others for that particular field, but which do you think would consume the least time (I don't know if this is possible though)? Thank you! Any tips would be great too. I'm really hoping to make the team!
it depends on the stregth of the team at the school... mine team almost never has freshman

except last year there were 4...

this year 1 whos an alternate...
I've tended to see that. We had almost half of our *gasp* 13 members as freshmen. However, I was wondering if the district's B team is better than the C by a lot, what should freshmen do? If all of them went to the B team, there would probably be no C team or all of the members would have to do 4 or 5 events. Unless we get an amazing upperclassmen turnout. :roll:
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!
kp9ssa
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by kp9ssa »

our senior school team couldnt get 15 people for regionals so they had a few more freshman than they should have
States

1st- Anatomy
4th- Dynamic Planet
2nd- Water Quality
2nd- Write it Do it

Team Overall: 1st

Return to “2009 Study Events”