Page 5 of 38

Re: Anatomy

Posted: March 4th, 2009, 6:01 pm
by croman74
Does anybody have an anatomy test they could send me? my brother is doing this event. PM me if you do. Thanks!

Re: Anatomy

Posted: March 4th, 2009, 6:23 pm
by sk8lynne
[quote="pjgscioisamazing"] "I'm not sure about the skeletal system, since that is my system and I don't have a rulebook near me. It seems that the rules in the packet are fairly far from the rule book rules. "

The rules in the training handout and the rulebook are the same for the skeletal system. They just go into more detail in the training handout. Maybe its the same for the Circulatory system. :)

Re: Anatomy

Posted: March 4th, 2009, 6:39 pm
by pjgscioisamazing
sk8lynne wrote:
pjgscioisamazing wrote: "I'm not sure about the skeletal system, since that is my system and I don't have a rulebook near me. It seems that the rules in the packet are fairly far from the rule book rules. "
The rules in the training handout and the rulebook are the same for the skeletal system. They just go into more detail in the training handout. Maybe its the same for the Circulatory system. :)
No I'm almost positive it's different :lol:

Re: Anatomy

Posted: March 5th, 2009, 5:20 am
by Suzumebachi
What sort of calculations will we have to learn this year?

Re: Anatomy

Posted: March 5th, 2009, 5:46 am
by theguitarmaster101
ok so if we have to know specific bone anatomy, then what bones do we have to know?!??!?! *please don't be all*

Re: Anatomy

Posted: March 5th, 2009, 11:39 am
by Suzumebachi
theguitarmaster101 wrote:ok so if we have to know specific bone anatomy, then what bones do we have to know?!??!?! *please don't be all*
I don't think there's a particular list of what bones we need to know, but I think that we would need to know most//all of them...

Re: Anatomy

Posted: March 5th, 2009, 2:56 pm
by chia
even the specific names for each carpal and foot bone? (i sure do hope not)

Re: Anatomy

Posted: March 5th, 2009, 3:01 pm
by chia
Suzumebachi wrote:What sort of calculations will we have to learn this year?
none for skeletal, but i think circulatory has some on blood pressure or whatever... my partner's doing this area, i'm not sure

edit: i found these:

Stroke volume (SV) = milliliters of blood pumped per beat
Heart rate (HR) = number of beats per minute
Cardiac output (CO) = heart rate times stroke volume
CO = HR x SV
Pulse pressure (PP) = the difference between systolic pressure (SP) and diastolic pressure (DP)
PP = SP – DP
Mean Arterial Pressure (MAP) (2 equations):
Formula 1: MAP = diastolic pressure + 1/3 pulse pressure
Formula 2: MAP = 2/3 diastolic pressure + 1/3 systolic pressure

Re: Anatomy

Posted: March 5th, 2009, 5:42 pm
by Arthur
i really hope that we don't have to know the surface anatomy for specific bones. i know the terms though.

Re: Anatomy

Posted: March 5th, 2009, 6:01 pm
by lolyay
Here is a good website to study the circulartory system. There's also alot of good info on the actual SO website and biology textbooks. good luck =]