Anatomy

pjgscioisamazing
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Anatomy

Post by pjgscioisamazing » March 5th, 2009, 6:04 pm

lolyay wrote:Here is a good website to study the circulartory system. There's also alot of good info on the actual SO website and biology textbooks. good luck =]
I LOVE the web anatomy quizzes. I have used them since last year when I first started with the heart. The skeletal quizzes aren't that bad either.
2007-2012. Paul J Gelinas Jr High and Ward Melville High School

Astronomy, Rocks & Minerals, MagLev, Dynamic Planet (E&V), Anatomy (Circulatory), Reach for the Stars, Meteorology (Climate), Remote Sensing, Disease Detectives, Metric Mastery, Pentathlon, Balloon Race, Tower Building

doctor
Division: C
State: PA

Post by doctor » March 5th, 2009, 6:07 pm

well for one of my tests we had to label all the carpals in the foot and hand and the specific surface features for specific bones
Z
. Z
Z
( ) ( )
( - . - )
c(")uu(") MADA MADA DANE
2013 Events: Anatomy, Designer Genes, Chem Lab
doctor's Userpage

pjgscioisamazing

Post by pjgscioisamazing » March 5th, 2009, 6:08 pm

doctor wrote:well for one of my tests we had to label all the carpals in the foot and hand and the specific surface features for specific bones
Thank god I do the circulatory system and not the bones... I could never remember all the carpals and tarsals

Astronomy, Rocks & Minerals, MagLev, Dynamic Planet (E&V), Anatomy (Circulatory), Reach for the Stars, Meteorology (Climate), Remote Sensing, Disease Detectives, Metric Mastery, Pentathlon, Balloon Race, Tower Building

doctor

Post by doctor » March 5th, 2009, 6:16 pm

i know and u could barely see the x-rays i kept mixing up the femur, tibia, and fibula with the humerus, ulna, and radius,
and also question : how do u memorize all of the arteries and veins and the names of the lymphatic nodes?
Z
. Z
Z
( ) ( )
( - . - )
c(")uu(") MADA MADA DANE
doctor's Userpage

lolyay
Division: B

Post by lolyay » March 5th, 2009, 6:20 pm

well you only need to know the lympathic system and skull for the nationals so i'm not studying that. =]

pjgscioisamazing

Post by pjgscioisamazing » March 5th, 2009, 6:21 pm

doctor wrote:i know and u could barely see the x-rays i kept mixing up the femur, tibia, and fibula with the humerus, ulna, and radius,
and also question : how do u memorize all of the arteries and veins and the names of the lymphatic nodes?
I'm not one for using techniques to memorize stuff, except for a mnemonic for the cranial nerves last year, but I won't get into that one :lol: ...

I still don't know them perfectly, but I highly doubt they would ask any of the small arteries/veins, probably aorta, brachiocephalic, radial, femoral, renal, carotid for arteries. Most veins have the same name as their counter-part artery except for like the vena cava and jugular veins. As for lymph nodes, I have yet to study much of the anatomy of the lymph system, just mainly the physiological part. But I would expect for lymphatic you would have to know the thoracic duct as well.

As for the Nationals only stuff, you should definitely study them for states, cause I would totally expect that to be pulled. As for regionals, you really shouldn't have to know any National level stuff.

sk8lynne

Post by sk8lynne » March 5th, 2009, 6:30 pm

haha....i definitely think that you shouldn't say the one about the cranial nerves. ;) :o
Events this year:
Picture This
Forensics
Disease
I am extremely mad that Experimental is not at regionals!

pjgscioisamazing

Post by pjgscioisamazing » March 5th, 2009, 6:31 pm

sk8lynne wrote:haha....i definitely think that you shouldn't say the one about the cranial nerves. ;) :o
Hence why I left it out :lol:

doctor

Post by doctor » March 5th, 2009, 6:36 pm

don't remind me about the cranial nerves, i have so much info on them..
Z
. Z
Z
( ) ( )
( - . - )
c(")uu(") MADA MADA DANE
doctor's Userpage

pjgscioisamazing

Post by pjgscioisamazing » March 5th, 2009, 6:37 pm

doctor wrote:don't remind me about the cranial nerves, i have so much info on them..
:lol: DId you use a mnemonic to remember them? If so I bet it's not the same as mine :lol:

Return to “2009 Study Events”