Amphibians and Reptiles

Liv
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Amphibians and Reptiles

Post by Liv »

Ya isn't there a rule which you can't have the notes of the field guide out more than _____ inches. That rule was inforced 2 weeks before regional. It was so that teams couldn't stick notes in there field guide. The only thing that my partner and I stuck into my field guide was the "not in book" animals and tabs to show where everything was.
Deeisenberg
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by Deeisenberg »

This sounds odd, I made a point to show my field guide and ask if it was okay directly before the test started. I asked, showed him my book which was FULL of printed notes which I clearly displayed, and they said it was fine. I am dismayed to hear that. Was this the division C test?

Overall I would say the test was not exceptionally well made. While for difficult than last year on the whole, the majority of it was still very easy, and the hard questions were a bit random. Then there is the fact that stations were untimed, you could go to any station for just about as long as you wanted, in any order you wanted, and return to a station as many times as you liked. Having to manage stations of different difficulties and lengths are a large portion of making a good and challenging test.
Events: Herpetology, Fossils, Entomology, Rocks & Minerals, Ornithology, Ecology
Nationals 2008: 1st in Herpetology
Nationals 2009: 1st in Herpetology, 2nd in Fossils

Harriton Class of 2010
Paradox21
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad

Post by Paradox21 »

Oh my, that is interesting. It was definitely division C in the group of teams from 21 through 30 and they definitely said that we could not use printed notes. People were in the hallway ripping out notes and crumpling them up so they would not be disqualified.
herper K8
Division: B

Post by herper K8 »

I'm very depressed that this is the last year for a+r but the only year i had a chance to do it and i bombed nats too..... :(
I'm hoping that my team has a next year...
States: Road Scholar 1st Treb 1st A+R 2nd Team 1st
herper K8
Division: B

Post by herper K8 »

A+R is my favorite event and will always be the best event of all time (in my opinoin) and yeah i just wanted to have the 500th post :lol: so yea
I'm hoping that my team has a next year...
States: Road Scholar 1st Treb 1st A+R 2nd Team 1st

Return to “2009 Study Events”