Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
Division: Grad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Amphibians and Reptiles

Post by Paradox21 »

Lily Essence wrote:
JonnyC wrote:I got 3rd at states :D Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully you guys are interested in birds as well.
Heck yeah! I can't wait for birds! It'll be so much more useful in life then being able to tell reptiles apart, because birds don't scurry and hide (well, some do, but most don't) when humans come. I've never seen a wild frog or toad where I live.
But along with the greater interest will come tougher competition. More people will actually care about the event and will try to do well. I am looking forward to birds but I have to focus on Herps for a few more weeks. I can't believe nats is in 14 days. So much to do, so little time.
Lily Essence
Division: C
State: TX

Post by Lily Essence »

Paradox21 wrote:But along with the greater interest will come tougher competition. More people will actually care about the event and will try to do well. I am looking forward to birds but I have to focus on Herps for a few more weeks. I can't believe nats is in 14 days. So much to do, so little time.
Great job making it to Nats. Maybe I'll see you next year in competition.

Might be OT: Has anyone started studing or preparing for birds? (Maybe I should make a new thread or something, becuase this isn't really about Herps anymore...)
Silent and Listen are spelled with the same letters
Seven Lakes SLHS Science Olympiad
Retiring my competition career! Off to scold the newbies as a manager!
Deeisenberg
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: PA

Post by Deeisenberg »

Paradox21 wrote:
Lily Essence wrote:
JonnyC wrote:I got 3rd at states :D Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully you guys are interested in birds as well.
Heck yeah! I can't wait for birds! It'll be so much more useful in life then being able to tell reptiles apart, because birds don't scurry and hide (well, some do, but most don't) when humans come. I've never seen a wild frog or toad where I live.
But along with the greater interest will come tougher competition. More people will actually care about the event and will try to do well. I am looking forward to birds but I have to focus on Herps for a few more weeks. I can't believe nats is in 14 days. So much to do, so little time.
I will do birds next year, but Herpetology will be sorely missed. Also I take offense to the statement that ornithology is more important than herpetology.
Events: Herpetology, Fossils, Entomology, Rocks & Minerals, Ornithology, Ecology
Nationals 2008: 1st in Herpetology
Nationals 2009: 1st in Herpetology, 2nd in Fossils

Harriton Class of 2010
3dgfan95
Division: B

Post by 3dgfan95 »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT MY TEAM GREATER NANTICOKE AREA GOT 5TH PLACE AT STATES AND BLEW AWAY JT LAMBERGER LOL IT WAS AWESOME AND I GOT FIFTH IN A+R
Lily Essence
State: TX

Post by Lily Essence »

inuyashakusho wrote:
Paradox21 wrote:
Lily Essence wrote: Heck yeah! I can't wait for birds! It'll be so much more useful in life then being able to tell reptiles apart, because birds don't scurry and hide (well, some do, but most don't) when humans come. I've never seen a wild frog or toad where I live.
I will do birds next year, but Herpetology will be sorely missed. Also I take offense to the statement that ornithology is more important than herpetology.
I'm sorry if I've offended you, I didn't mean it, but I, personally, have never had a use for herpetology (others will say differently, I apologise again).

Please believe me, I did not mean to offend anyone with that statement.
Silent and Listen are spelled with the same letters
Seven Lakes SLHS Science Olympiad
Retiring my competition career! Off to scold the newbies as a manager!
JonnyC

Post by JonnyC »

3dgfan95 wrote:OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT MY TEAM GREATER NANTICOKE AREA GOT 5TH PLACE AT STATES AND BLEW AWAY JT LAMBERGER LOL IT WAS AWESOME AND I GOT FIFTH IN A+R
...Calm down.

For Birds, I'm probably only going to study vocab and the like. Identification will come later when the list comes out.
yoyosciencekid23

Post by yoyosciencekid23 »

okay 3dgfan95 loookkkk

first off it is JTLambert
second some guy totaled our first place plane
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Regionals: Crave the Wave-4th
PSL-1st
Wright Stuff-3rd

States: Crave the Wave-9th
PSL-12th
Wright Stuff-9th
Write-it-Do-it-23rd
sewforlife

Post by sewforlife »

Lily Essence wrote:
ah. but I don't want to identify bird calls (hopefully that wouldn't be on there)
i love listening to frog calls at night. I always shout, "SPRING PEEPER!" when I hear one
Nerds rule. Nerds are awesome. Nerds will someday (soon) rule the world. And you know it.

2010. Be prepared. If not, you f(l)ail!

One Team
One Dream
to REDEEM
soobsession

Post by soobsession »

sewforlife wrote:
Lily Essence wrote:
ah. but I don't want to identify bird calls (hopefully that wouldn't be on there)
i love listening to frog calls at night. I always shout, "SPRING PEEPER!" when I hear one
i really want to do birds next year. im usually really at the events that require you to id a bunch of stuff (fossils, etc.) though i was kinda sad that i couldnt do a+r :( ...there are a lot of birds where i live and it would be kinda cool to know a bird by its call... :D

"Do or do not. There is no try" -Yoda

megmuffinx3

Post by megmuffinx3 »

RIP Amphibians & Reptiles Thread.

Return to “2009 Study Events”