EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: The Society for the Discontinuation of the Pentathlon

Post by EastStroudsburg13 » April 26th, 2009, 6:40 am

It may be fun, but it's not a good SO event.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

croman74
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by croman74 » April 26th, 2009, 6:40 am

So you should've said most people on your team love it.
My 2010 Events
Elevated Bridge-7th
Trajectory-1st
"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh man....I could be eating a slow learner." -Lyndon B. Johnson

crzyliljellybean
Division: B

Post by crzyliljellybean » April 26th, 2009, 6:53 am

thebeast4400 wrote:everyone should just deal w/ pentathalon. most love it. u r only on this team at most 6 years, and you never have to do pentathalon if you dont want to ! y cant u "smart ppl" relise that?!?!?!?!
Is debating over this topic even the purpose of this thread? Or is it just for people who dislike the event. Becasue from the title above it says, "The SOCIETY for the DISCONTINUATION of the PENTATHLON". So what I'm getting from this is that people who don't like the event discuss it here and try to do something about it, maybe. So, for people who like this event you really shouldn't be here starting arguments by contradicting what people say because to me everybody's opinions are beginning to sound like a broken record anyway. In that case, if this is the purpose of this thread, then maybe you guys should leave unless you are willing to cooperate and come up with some ideas to get rid of it, if that is even in our power.

P.S. What i said above was NOT directed to any single person nor is it an insult of any sort

P.S.S I would like to point out that it seems whenever someone quotes a person and then says something against their opinion, that person takes it as an insult, even if its not. Even i find my self doing that. But here, I am just using thebeast4400 as an example.
top 4 events i want:
1. cell bio
2. anatomy
3. ecology
4. forensics

EastStroudsburg13
Administrator
Administrator
Division: Grad
State: MD
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by EastStroudsburg13 » April 26th, 2009, 8:08 am

Well, its original purpose was to bring together people who disliked Pentathlon, and then it got to debating why it was disliked, or if you liked it, why not. I've noticed that the people that like it, though, don't really say that they think it's a good SO event.
East Stroudsburg South Class of 2012, Alumnus of JT Lambert, Drexel University Class of 2017

Helpful Links
Wiki
Wiki Pages that Need Work
FAQ and SciOly FAQ Wiki
Chat (See IRC Wiki for more info)
BBCode Wiki

So long, and thanks for all the Future Dictator titles!

crzyliljellybean

Post by crzyliljellybean » April 26th, 2009, 8:13 am

EASTstroudsburg13 wrote:Well, its original purpose was to bring together people who disliked Pentathlon, and then it got to debating why it was disliked, or if you liked it, why not. I've noticed that the people that like it, though, don't really say that they think it's a good SO event.
yeah same
top 4 events i want:
1. cell bio
2. anatomy
3. ecology
4. forensics

denmarksoccer
Division: C
State: PA

Post by denmarksoccer » April 26th, 2009, 12:35 pm

crzyliljellybean wrote:
thebeast4400 wrote:everyone should just deal w/ pentathalon. most love it. u r only on this team at most 6 years, and you never have to do pentathalon if you dont want to ! y cant u "smart ppl" relise that?!?!?!?!
Is debating over this topic even the purpose of this thread? Or is it just for people who dislike the event. Becasue from the title above it says, "The SOCIETY for the DISCONTINUATION of the PENTATHLON". So what I'm getting from this is that people who don't like the event discuss it here and try to do something about it, maybe. So, for people who like this event you really shouldn't be here starting arguments by contradicting what people say because to me everybody's opinions are beginning to sound like a broken record anyway. In that case, if this is the purpose of this thread, then maybe you guys should leave unless you are willing to cooperate and come up with some ideas to get rid of it, if that is even in our power.

P.S. What i said above was NOT directed to any single person nor is it an insult of any sort

P.S.S I would like to point out that it seems whenever someone quotes a person and then says something against their opinion, that person takes it as an insult, even if its not. Even i find my self doing that. But here, I am just using thebeast4400 as an example.
Thank you, much clearer. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, it wasn't meant personally. For the rest of you guys, please just relax. I don't think that anybody here has the intention of insulting anybody else.
2010:
Pentathlon-1@ regs, 4@ states, 16@ nationals
Road Scholar-2@ regs, 8@ states, 31st@ nationals
Disease Detectives-2@ regs, 1st@ states, 5@ nationals
Bio-Process Lab- 2@ states, 11@ nationals
Physical Science Lab- 38@ nationals
Team-1@ regs, 2@ states, 19@ nationals

Moving up to C.

crzyliljellybean

Post by crzyliljellybean » April 26th, 2009, 12:41 pm

denmarksoccer wrote:
crzyliljellybean wrote:

Thank you, much clearer. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, it wasn't meant personally. For the rest of you guys, please just relax. I don't think that anybody here has the intention of insulting anybody else.
nah its fine
top 4 events i want:
1. cell bio
2. anatomy
3. ecology
4. forensics

GGuy5
State: TN

Post by GGuy5 » April 26th, 2009, 5:27 pm

i'm done on this thread, you all have let it get to personal, there is no way this is a debate anymore
TN regionals 2010
1st pentathlon
2nd fossils
2nd write it do it
2nd experimental design
3rd dynamic planet
Go Berean
Go Vols
Hook em horns
how bout dem cowboys

crzyliljellybean

Post by crzyliljellybean » April 26th, 2009, 5:51 pm

GGuy5 wrote:i'm done on this thread, you all have let it get to personal, there is no way this is a debate anymore
ok bye! :)
top 4 events i want:
1. cell bio
2. anatomy
3. ecology
4. forensics

scigeek95

Post by scigeek95 » April 26th, 2009, 6:08 pm

I'm not flaming, but what is exactly wrong with Pentathlon? I'm on the event, and it's a little bit of fun! I know everything else is fun, too, but it's something to run around and do. It's not something you can really study for, which is exactly the point. It's a test of a collection of knowledge. What if this "society" actually works? Think about all the people on the event who actually enjoy it? That would be a bummer for them, me included! Besides, who knows how long this event will even run. By the time anything is really organized, it might be over...
Events:
Pentathlon-5
PSL
Fossils
Road Scholars-5
Wright Stuff- # 1 at State!
Disease Detectives-8

Return to “2009 Study Events”