Science Word

zorbak5044
Division: B
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Science Word

Post by zorbak5044 »

this sort of sounds like pyramid, an old game show
i dunno what to write. oh i know! wait never mind. hmm. ive got it! i shall meh a lot. no that doesnt seem like much fun hmm oh ive got it. if youve read this ive just wasted about 16 seconds of your life
2win
Division: C
State: TX

Post by 2win »

AsllaPiscu wrote:o.O you're the only one who likes to practice? O.o

xD w/e

Science word has gotten to be REALLY entertaining.
Yeah, but apparently, I'm busy researching for en.chem. and I can't. whenever the other people study, they get easily off topic. :evil:
Whatever, I'm not going to dicuss this here, bring it to the chatroom or send me a pm.
k-tx. retiring from scioly.
sadistic_cottoncandy
Division: Grad
State: MA

Post by sadistic_cottoncandy »

me and my partner barely practiced at all....we did in 6th grade, but last year we thought it was a lot funnier to annoy our coach. now that the Karyn-Nazi is off to college, and the event is out of the cycle, we're really bummed, but we're partners in about 2 other events so i guess it's ok.....it's just depressing. :(
"Such a disappointment to the world"
2win

Post by 2win »

We can annoy our coach, too, if we study words that are off topic.(and then laugh our heads off) :lol:
crazibanana_51

Post by crazibanana_51 »

OMC! It was so much fun to anger the Karyn-nazi! It really wasnt that hard though. I think the only time she was nice to us was the day after prom and she was dead tired. At Nats the lady running the event thought we were twins cuz we kept speaking at the same time,
09 events: Disease detectives, Road scholar, wright stuff, pentathalon, and robo-cross.

It's all fun and games until someone gets their fingers stuck together with super glue, then it's just funny!
2win

Post by 2win »

cool!
sadistic_cottoncandy

Post by sadistic_cottoncandy »

dude, the Karyn-Nazi was beyond dead tired....she was already in the afterlife. seriously, she was so tired, she kept falling asleep in the middle of our 4 minute thing gummies. that was the only time i heard the words, "guys, you are amazing at this event. i don't know how you keep all that stuff in your heads, but somehow you do........*snore*........" "karyn?" (no answer). "Hitler?" "Wh...oh. i'm really proud of you...*yawn*....guys.....you're so......*yawn*...great.....yeah......*snore*........ "
we thought it was the apocalypse! greatest day in the history of SO....besides the invitationals- those are pretty...."special" too.
"Such a disappointment to the world"
crazibanana_51

Post by crazibanana_51 »

During Science Word of the Greenhill invite last year, the person running it was like Have you guys done this before and we were like yeah and she was like Oh so you are old pros at this(but she said it doubtfully) and we were like yeah kinda. Afterwards (we got through all the words with time to spare) she was like "You guys really are good". That was so much fun we ended getting first in that event
09 events: Disease detectives, Road scholar, wright stuff, pentathalon, and robo-cross.

It's all fun and games until someone gets their fingers stuck together with super glue, then it's just funny!
2win

Post by 2win »

That sounds fun. I wish I could compete, but since I have too many events, I had to give up Science word. :cry:
Phenylethylamine
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by Phenylethylamine »

I loved Science Word, but I never got to compete in it because the coach always gave it to more senior members... and then this year, when I'm a 9th grader and a captain and just about as senior a member as it's possible to be in Gelinas SciO, it's not an event anymore! I want it back... the promise of Picture This next year at the high school is nowhere near as interesting.
Protein Modeling Event Supervisor 2015
MA State Science Olympiad Tournament
MIT Invitational Tournament
--
Ward Melville High School Science Olympiad 2010-2012
Paul J Gelinas JHS Science Olympiad 2007-2009

Return to “2009 Study Events”