Yale University (YUSO) Invitational 2014

hix_scioly
Division: C
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Yale University (YUSO) Invites 2014

Post by hix_scioly » May 28th, 2013, 3:14 pm

How does the paying process work?? I get how we register online, but do we send a check right away as we register or after we get a confirmation or something like that saying we can participate?

YUSO
Division: Grad
State: CT

Post by YUSO » May 28th, 2013, 3:26 pm

We do not have a system set up to receive money yet. Once we do, we will inform teams on the website.

Also, we have lowered the registration fee to $100. It is subject to change (depending on how much funding we are able to get from Yale), so check the website frequently for changes.
Last edited by YUSO on August 5th, 2013, 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For final results from our our Division C Invitational Tournament in January 2014 at Yale University in New Haven, CT, click here: http://yuso.yale.edu/2014-results

YUSO

Post by YUSO » May 28th, 2013, 11:15 pm

hix_scioly wrote:How does the paying process work?? I get how we register online, but do we send a check right away as we register or after we get a confirmation or something like that saying we can participate?
Provisionally, this is probably how payment is going to work. The registration form will be submitted online, and checks/money orders will be mailed to us. You'll have 5-7 business days from the day when you submit the form online to get the check to us by mail. As long as the money gets to us within that time frame, your registration will go through. The registration order will be determined by when the form is received online.

Does that make sense?
For final results from our our Division C Invitational Tournament in January 2014 at Yale University in New Haven, CT, click here: http://yuso.yale.edu/2014-results

hix_scioly
Division: C

Post by hix_scioly » May 29th, 2013, 12:27 pm

yup! thank you so much, reeeeally looking forward to this :D

Shad160

Post by Shad160 » June 1st, 2013, 8:40 am

I'm really glad that this invite is happening. Props to Yale!
What happens on Alpha Lyrae, stays on Alpha Lyrae.

Crazy Puny Man
State: IN

Post by Crazy Puny Man » June 17th, 2013, 3:20 pm

I see that Chem Lab's lab part has been scrapped, and Forensics won't be run...will there be a lab part to MatSci then?

YUSO

Post by YUSO » June 18th, 2013, 7:10 pm

Crazy Puny Man wrote:I see that Chem Lab's lab part has been scrapped, and Forensics won't be run...will there be a lab part to MatSci then?
Yes, there will, the extent of which will be determined by the writer and obviously dependent on how next year's rules turn out to be.

All events besides Chem Lab & Forensics will be run as per the usual format, including all lab- and station-based components. We just can't have students handling fire and other hazardous chemical reagents.

Crazy Puny Man
State: IN

Post by Crazy Puny Man » June 18th, 2013, 7:27 pm

Cool. But Bungee? Is that because you don't want a mess with a bunch of eggs, or...?

Luo
Staff Emeritus
Staff Emeritus
State: MN

Post by Luo » June 18th, 2013, 7:31 pm

Crazy Puny Man wrote:Cool. But Bungee? Is that because you don't want a mess with a bunch of eggs, or...?
I may be mistaken (someone in the know, please correct me if that's the case), but I don't think that Bungee Drop is going to include eggs.
Proud alumnus of Mounds View High School Science Olympiad, Arden Hills, MN
Co-founder of the MIT Science Olympiad Invitational Tournament: http://scioly.mit.edu/

YUSO

Post by YUSO » June 18th, 2013, 7:58 pm

Luo wrote:
Crazy Puny Man wrote:Cool. But Bungee? Is that because you don't want a mess with a bunch of eggs, or...?
I may be mistaken (someone in the know, please correct me if that's the case), but I don't think that Bungee Drop is going to include eggs.
The full event name is "Bungee Egg Drop," so I'd hazard a guess that eggs are involved.

It's not that we don't want to mess with eggs (though I have always disliked egg events, and I'm speaking as a 50/50 builder). If the event is to be outdoors, the invite is taking place in the dead of winter in New England, so I doubt that's a good idea. If it's to be indoors, our university gym doesn't rent out on weekends, so our only hope for a facility with a suitable height is shot.

Return to “2014 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”