6. Jeffrey Trail

C
1. Troy
2 Canyon Crest
3. North Hollywood
4. Arcadia
5. Westview
6. Northwood

SoCal has the benefit of being relatively predictable.
Life List: n. A list of bird species definitively seen by a birdwatcher.
PacificGoldenPlover's Life List : 319
Most recent lifer: Red-throated Loon

2014 (Mira Loma/Troy/Regionals/States/Nationals)
Dynamic Planet (2/2/1/1/1)
Designer Genes (1/4/1/13 (???)/13 (figures)
Water Quality (1/1/3/1/3)
Pigeon
Division: C
State: CA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Southern California 2014

Post by Pigeon »

Welp, that was fun!

We didn't stick around for the awards ceremony tonight, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Troy's going to nationals again. ;) How did all your guys's schools do today?
ceg7654

Post by ceg7654 »

Here's how it turned out-

1. Muscatel
2. Carmel Valley
3. Mesa Robles
4. Black Mountain
5. Jeffrey Trail
6. Mesa Verde

1. Troy
2. Canyon Crest
3. Arcadia
4. Torrey Pines
5. North Hollywood
6. Walnut

Great job everyone!
2016 Events: Invasive Species, Fossils, Write It Do It

#TehEntoCult
phil9047

Post by phil9047 »

Does anybody have any idea why Metric Mastery and Can't Judge a Powder had their "anomalies" and couldn't be counted? My school did well in both those events. :(
Sine functions are quite odd, to be honest.
dragons790

Post by dragons790 »

phil9047 wrote:Does anybody have any idea why Metric Mastery and Can't Judge a Powder had their "anomalies" and couldn't be counted? My school did well in both those events. :(
I heard that the event supervisor(s) didn't follow the rules at all for Metric Mastery so it wasn't even scored.

For Powder, though, all I know is that they didn't conform to the rules for every team.

Muscatel steamrolled us this year, as usual. But state was still really fun, especially ento. And the event supervisor for it had a pretzel stick in his pocket. :lol:
ceg7654

Post by ceg7654 »

dragons790 wrote:
phil9047 wrote:Does anybody have any idea why Metric Mastery and Can't Judge a Powder had their "anomalies" and couldn't be counted? My school did well in both those events. :(
I heard that the event supervisor(s) didn't follow the rules at all for Metric Mastery so it wasn't even scored.

For Powder, though, all I know is that they didn't conform to the rules for every team.

Muscatel steamrolled us this year, as usual. But state was still really fun, especially ento. And the event supervisor for it had a pretzel stick in his pocket. :lol:
I saw it too. :lol: I loved the supervisors for Ento, they were really funny. My partner and I were the last ones out of the room and they talked to us about the test and how we felt about it, and I really appreciated them doing that.
2016 Events: Invasive Species, Fossils, Write It Do It

#TehEntoCult
phil9047

Post by phil9047 »

ceg7654 wrote: I saw it too. :lol: I loved the supervisors for Ento, they were really funny. My partner and I were the last ones out of the room and they talked to us about the test and how we felt about it, and I really appreciated them doing that.
The Shock Value/Circuit Lab supervisor was also amazing. He actually answered our questions about the test we just took and explained to us about the entire test. He also told us about SigmaCamp and invited us to apply.
Sine functions are quite odd, to be honest.
dragons790

Post by dragons790 »

ceg7654 wrote:
dragons790 wrote:

I saw it too. :lol: I loved the supervisors for Ento, they were really funny. My partner and I were the last ones out of the room and they talked to us about the test and how we felt about it, and I really appreciated them doing that.
That hieroglyphics joke... :lol:
bearasauras

Post by bearasauras »

There were multiple problems including more than 1 team using their body parts to measure the items during the estimation portion but we're unable to determine the teams that did that. I'm more than disappointed to hear teams cheating at the State level.

Return to “2014 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”