Pennsylvania 2014

syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad
State: NY

Re: Pennsylvania 2014

Post by syo_astro »

Well, maybe I'll be able to beat you all at the nats predictions :P. Either way, good job to all per usual (and I'm excited to see that Cicc test!).
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
frogzorz
State: PA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by frogzorz »

BIG BIG BIG congrats to everyone out there yesterday! Hearing C Division results was absolutely nerve-wracking- at times, I completely forgot about my B Division results tracking...
It was really competitive this year, and I think it truly came down to who had the better day. So, again, congratulations, and I hope you all are proud of the hard work you have put into this amazing competition, regardless of whatever you won or didn't win.

To the teams who unfortunately missed the meager quantity of spots: I think I can speak for us 4 schools when I say that we, who are lucky enough to have this opportunity, will be working our butts off to represent Pennsylvania well and post huge results at Nationals, even with AP and IB exams around the corner. With all the competition between our schools pushing us forward, I am confident we'll see some really hot top 10 finishes this year. Thanks (in advance) to every person from every team for cheering on Pennsylvania Science Olympiad!
Harriton '15, Penn C'19
Design Manager and Disease Detectives co-supervisor for SOUP 2018
rodowd

Post by rodowd »

Congratulations to everyone who competed at states this year! This was by far the most competitive year I've seen and the rankings were shaken up quite a bit! It was a pleasure competing with all of you and I wish the best of luck to everyone competing at nationals and next year! Thank you to everyone for making my last competition the best one! :D
mary5297
Division: C

Post by mary5297 »

Wow, reading through these forums just amazes me and makes olympiad seem even more like a family. I am so happy to read through these encouraging messages and motivates me even more to fight for our state, Pennsylvania. I just want to congratulate everyone that competed at Juniata on Friday and say thank you for yet another inspiring experience. I know how competitive competition can get, but above all, I just want to commend all who contributed to make this a memorable event. When looking at the bigger picture, I am so proud of everyone's accomplishments, because everyone knows that on top of AP exams and possibly SAT's, it's hard to study and build for science olympiad events. Yet, to those who stuck through the journey as one team, I am so grateful to have met some incredible people and to have the privilege to compete at the National level for our state. Once again, thank you for the encouraging messages and I promise to try my best, with my team, to represent Pennsylvania as number one in the nation.
-Mirriam from H2S2O
Last edited by mary5297 on May 4th, 2014, 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
silverheart7
State: NY

Post by silverheart7 »

Wow, yay! Congratulations to everyone who competed <3
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer
solakmagic

Post by solakmagic »

Any idea what time the results'll be released today?
"Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety nine per cent perspiration" - Thomas Alva Edison
Smithy0013

Post by Smithy0013 »

I dont know but I've been constantly checking in
frogzorz

Post by frogzorz »

solakmagic wrote:Any idea what time the results'll be released today?
I have always thought they were released around late morning to early afternoon, and my coach said they'll be out around noon, so I guess you can expect Juniata's website to update around then...? :)
Harriton '15, Penn C'19
Design Manager and Disease Detectives co-supervisor for SOUP 2018
hipparcos

Post by hipparcos »

Results are out. Um... Penncrest beat Harriton? Scrambler ceased to exist?
Conestoga HS (2013-15)
Haverford HS (2011-13)
Haverford MS (2010-11)
earthbot25

Post by earthbot25 »

they just removed the results from the website, I think they are addressing that hopefully.
Harriton Class of 2014

Past Events: C: Materials Science, Chemistry Lab, TPS, Experimental Design, Mission Possible, Microbe Mission, WIDI, Helicopters. B: Bio-Process Lab, Towers, Microbe Mission, Robocross, Physical Science Lab

Return to “2014 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”