New York 2014

User avatar
YUSO
Member
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: April 30th, 2013, 8:20 am
Division: Grad
State: CT
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2014

Post by YUSO » October 27th, 2013, 8:02 pm

goswal wrote:Is anyone in NYS planning on attending or hoping to attend the Twin Tiers Invitational or the Yale Invitational in January? Our team is trying to decide between the two.
@goswal — I tried sending you a response PM but idk if it went through. Go check. If it didn't, send an email to YUSO@yale.edu and I can answer the question.
Last edited by YUSO on October 27th, 2013, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For final results from our our Division C Invitational Tournament in January 2014 at Yale University in New Haven, CT, click here: http://yuso.yale.edu/2014-results

User avatar
YUSO
Member
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: April 30th, 2013, 8:20 am
Division: Grad
State: CT
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2014

Post by YUSO » October 27th, 2013, 8:04 pm

YUSO wrote:
goswal wrote:Is anyone in NYS planning on attending or hoping to attend the Twin Tiers Invitational or the Yale Invitational in January? Our team is trying to decide between the two.
Double post oops.
For final results from our our Division C Invitational Tournament in January 2014 at Yale University in New Haven, CT, click here: http://yuso.yale.edu/2014-results

JAKE
Member
Member
Posts: 12
Joined: October 30th, 2013, 12:18 pm
Division: B
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2014

Post by JAKE » October 31st, 2013, 3:36 am

I liked it last year cuz division B was at Syrucuyse

silverheart7
Member
Member
Posts: 394
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 7:50 pm
Division: Grad
State: NY
Location: Eastern Long Island
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2014

Post by silverheart7 » November 3rd, 2013, 2:59 pm

JAKE wrote:I liked it last year cuz division B was at Syrucuyse
I agree, the campus was beautiful! I loved the CST/LST building (or whatever it was called) with the glass front. Even though the campus was huge, there were really only three places hosting events and they were easy to get to and get around in. I wouldn't mind going back. :D
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer

User avatar
gneissisnice
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Posts: 927
Joined: March 11th, 2008, 9:10 am
Division: Grad
State: NY
Location: Long Island
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2014

Post by gneissisnice » November 8th, 2013, 7:46 am

Wow, that's a lot of invitational tournaments.

When I competed, NY had one for Division B (it was way upstate and very few schools competed) and there were no C invites at all in NYS. I wish I could have gone to more invite tournaments.
2009 events:
Fossils: 1st @ reg. 3rd @ states (stupid dinosaurs...) 5th @ nats.
Dynamic: 1st @ reg. 19thish @ states, 18th @ nats
Herpetology (NOT the study of herpes): NA
Enviro Chem: 39th @ states =(
Cell Bio: 9th @ reg. 18th @ nats
Remote: 6th @ states 3rd @ Nats
Ecology: 5th @ Nats

User avatar
YUSO
Member
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: April 30th, 2013, 8:20 am
Division: Grad
State: CT
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2014

Post by YUSO » November 8th, 2013, 12:00 pm

gneissisnice wrote:Wow, that's a lot of invitational tournaments.

When I competed, NY had one for Division B (it was way upstate and very few schools competed) and there were no C invites at all in NYS. I wish I could have gone to more invite tournaments.
Same.
For final results from our our Division C Invitational Tournament in January 2014 at Yale University in New Haven, CT, click here: http://yuso.yale.edu/2014-results

User avatar
caseyotis
Member
Member
Posts: 680
Joined: October 25th, 2012, 7:53 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Ithaca, NY, studying.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2014

Post by caseyotis » November 10th, 2013, 9:31 am

Ithaca is going to be at Fayetteville-Manlius... If we had enough money, we'd definitely go to Twin Tiers, and possibly Yale. I wish Yale wasn't so far away from us. Or, rather, I wish we weren't so far upstate. >.>

Oh well. I'm sure it will be a fine invitational. It will be my first invitational tournament ever (and our team's).
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

User avatar
YUSO
Member
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: April 30th, 2013, 8:20 am
Division: Grad
State: CT
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2014

Post by YUSO » November 11th, 2013, 8:29 pm

caseyotis wrote:Ithaca is going to be at Fayetteville-Manlius... If we had enough money, we'd definitely go to Twin Tiers, and possibly Yale. I wish Yale wasn't so far away from us. Or, rather, I wish we weren't so far upstate. >.>

Oh well. I'm sure it will be a fine invitational. It will be my first invitational tournament ever (and our team's).
Oh, c'mon, Yale isn't THAT far... :p

(lol jk it's pretty pigeon far) In any case, FM will be run very professionally and done extremely well. It's a wonder why they never hosted one before..
For final results from our our Division C Invitational Tournament in January 2014 at Yale University in New Haven, CT, click here: http://yuso.yale.edu/2014-results

User avatar
caseyotis
Member
Member
Posts: 680
Joined: October 25th, 2012, 7:53 pm
Division: C
State: NY
Location: Ithaca, NY, studying.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2014

Post by caseyotis » November 12th, 2013, 3:34 am

YUSO wrote:
caseyotis wrote:Ithaca is going to be at Fayetteville-Manlius... If we had enough money, we'd definitely go to Twin Tiers, and possibly Yale. I wish Yale wasn't so far away from us. Or, rather, I wish we weren't so far upstate. >.>

Oh well. I'm sure it will be a fine invitational. It will be my first invitational tournament ever (and our team's).
Oh, c'mon, Yale isn't THAT far... :p

(lol jk it's pretty butterfly far) In any case, FM will be run very professionally and done extremely well. It's a wonder why they never hosted one before..
:P
Yeah, I'm sure it will be. It was pretty tough to choose, although distance did end up becoming the deciding factor.
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

User avatar
YUSO
Member
Member
Posts: 81
Joined: April 30th, 2013, 8:20 am
Division: Grad
State: CT
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2014

Post by YUSO » November 13th, 2013, 7:42 am

caseyotis wrote:
YUSO wrote:
caseyotis wrote:Ithaca is going to be at Fayetteville-Manlius... If we had enough money, we'd definitely go to Twin Tiers, and possibly Yale. I wish Yale wasn't so far away from us. Or, rather, I wish we weren't so far upstate. >.>

Oh well. I'm sure it will be a fine invitational. It will be my first invitational tournament ever (and our team's).
Oh, c'mon, Yale isn't THAT far... :p

(lol jk it's pretty butterfly far) In any case, FM will be run very professionally and done extremely well. It's a wonder why they never hosted one before..
:P
Yeah, I'm sure it will be. It was pretty tough to choose, although distance did end up becoming the deciding factor.
Good choice. Your coaches know that the difference will be minimal, though as great as FM looks (I was there in late summer), it's nothing compared to Yale's campus and Gothic architecture ;)
For final results from our our Division C Invitational Tournament in January 2014 at Yale University in New Haven, CT, click here: http://yuso.yale.edu/2014-results

Locked

Return to “2014 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest