New York 2014

YUSO
Tournament
Tournament
State: CT
Has thanked: 0

Re: New York 2014

Post by YUSO »

goswal wrote:Is anyone in NYS planning on attending or hoping to attend the Twin Tiers Invitational or the Yale Invitational in January? Our team is trying to decide between the two.
@goswal — I tried sending you a response PM but idk if it went through. Go check. If it didn't, send an email to [email protected] and I can answer the question.
Last edited by YUSO on October 27th, 2013, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For final results from our our Division C Invitational Tournament in February 2021 at Yale University in New Haven, CT, click here: https://yuso.yale.edu/results
YUSO
Tournament
Tournament

Post by YUSO »

YUSO wrote:
goswal wrote:Is anyone in NYS planning on attending or hoping to attend the Twin Tiers Invitational or the Yale Invitational in January? Our team is trying to decide between the two.
Double post oops.
For final results from our our Division C Invitational Tournament in February 2021 at Yale University in New Haven, CT, click here: https://yuso.yale.edu/results
JAKE
Division: B
State: NY
Been thanked: 0

Post by JAKE »

I liked it last year cuz division B was at Syrucuyse
silverheart7
Division: Grad

Post by silverheart7 »

JAKE wrote:I liked it last year cuz division B was at Syrucuyse
I agree, the campus was beautiful! I loved the CST/LST building (or whatever it was called) with the glass front. Even though the campus was huge, there were really only three places hosting events and they were easy to get to and get around in. I wouldn't mind going back. :D
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer
gneissisnice
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: Grad

Post by gneissisnice »

Wow, that's a lot of invitational tournaments.

When I competed, NY had one for Division B (it was way upstate and very few schools competed) and there were no C invites at all in NYS. I wish I could have gone to more invite tournaments.
2009 events:
Fossils: 1st @ reg. 3rd @ states (stupid dinosaurs...) 5th @ nats.
Dynamic: 1st @ reg. 19thish @ states, 18th @ nats
Herpetology (NOT the study of herpes): NA
Enviro Chem: 39th @ states =(
Cell Bio: 9th @ reg. 18th @ nats
Remote: 6th @ states 3rd @ Nats
Ecology: 5th @ Nats
YUSO
Tournament
Tournament

Post by YUSO »

gneissisnice wrote:Wow, that's a lot of invitational tournaments.

When I competed, NY had one for Division B (it was way upstate and very few schools competed) and there were no C invites at all in NYS. I wish I could have gone to more invite tournaments.
Same.
caseyotis
Division: C

Post by caseyotis »

Ithaca is going to be at Fayetteville-Manlius... If we had enough money, we'd definitely go to Twin Tiers, and possibly Yale. I wish Yale wasn't so far away from us. Or, rather, I wish we weren't so far upstate. >.>

Oh well. I'm sure it will be a fine invitational. It will be my first invitational tournament ever (and our team's).
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
YUSO
Tournament
Tournament

Post by YUSO »

caseyotis wrote:Ithaca is going to be at Fayetteville-Manlius... If we had enough money, we'd definitely go to Twin Tiers, and possibly Yale. I wish Yale wasn't so far away from us. Or, rather, I wish we weren't so far upstate. >.>

Oh well. I'm sure it will be a fine invitational. It will be my first invitational tournament ever (and our team's).
Oh, c'mon, Yale isn't THAT far... :p

(lol jk it's pretty pigeon far) In any case, FM will be run very professionally and done extremely well. It's a wonder why they never hosted one before..
caseyotis
Division: C

Post by caseyotis »

YUSO wrote:
caseyotis wrote:Ithaca is going to be at Fayetteville-Manlius... If we had enough money, we'd definitely go to Twin Tiers, and possibly Yale. I wish Yale wasn't so far away from us. Or, rather, I wish we weren't so far upstate. >.>

(lol jk it's pretty butterfly far) In any case, FM will be run very professionally and done extremely well. It's a wonder why they never hosted one before..
:P
Yeah, I'm sure it will be. It was pretty tough to choose, although distance did end up becoming the deciding factor.
http://scioly.org/wiki/index.php/User:Caseyotis
Welcome, welcome
“Goodbye,” said the fox.
“And now here is my secret, a very simple secret:
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the
eye.”
Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
YUSO
Tournament
Tournament

Post by YUSO »

caseyotis wrote:
YUSO wrote:

(lol jk it's pretty butterfly far) In any case, FM will be run very professionally and done extremely well. It's a wonder why they never hosted one before..
:P
Yeah, I'm sure it will be. It was pretty tough to choose, although distance did end up becoming the deciding factor.
Good choice. Your coaches know that the difference will be minimal, though as great as FM looks (I was there in late summer), it's nothing compared to Yale's campus and Gothic architecture ;)

Return to “2014 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”