New York 2014

strengthuc
Division: Grad
State: NY
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New York 2014

Post by strengthuc »

Good job all you New Yorkers! Good job F-M. Good Job Columbia. Good Job all season W-M (even the high schoolers who did not get to go-showing everyone how stupid adults can be in all kinds of ways).
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

strengthuc wrote:Good job all you New Yorkers! Good job F-M. Good Job Columbia. Good Job all season W-M (even the high schoolers who did not get to go-showing everyone how stupid adults can be in all kinds of ways).
Not just the Div C'ers in general, but the B teams too. 11th and 12th may not be top 10, but those are certainly two very solid placings representing our very competitive state well.
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
Grad: Writing Tests/Supervising (NY/MI)
strengthuc

Post by strengthuc »

Well of course not just to Division C! Congratulation to all the New Yorkers! I think middle school teams count. They have the accent and all and they represent NY so I figure I'm including them when I say...Congratulations to the New York teams. F-M for how well they did, Columbia for how well they did and W-M for how well they did including those that did not get to come. I know the middle schools have their own names but they are F-M and W-M district schools so I assume they will know I'm congratulating them too. Hope you know that!
PastorisFilius
Division: C

Post by PastorisFilius »

Congratulations Columbia!!! That is an awesome placement for a first year school.
B: CJAP, Experimental Design, Fossils, Heredity, MagLev, Microbe Mission, Mission Possible, Road Scholar, Write It Do It
C: Entomology, Fossils, Geologic Mapping, Green Generation, Protein Modeling
fantasyfan

Post by fantasyfan »

I must say how impressed I am with Columbia HS, them being first timers at Nationals. I know that it was kind of awkward for them and us (Paul Gelinas) to share a tearoom because we were so vocal about the whole Ward Melville situation, but I must say that Columbia represented our state well and they definitely deserved to go. The Ward Melville team next year, which will hopefully include me *crosses fingers*, will need to regain a lot of momentum if we are going to beat Columbia at states.
Looking forward to anatomy, protein, fossils, and optics (NYS trial) this year!
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

fantasyfan wrote:I must say how impressed I am with Columbia HS, them being first timers at Nationals. I know that it was kind of awkward for them and us (Paul Gelinas) to share a tearoom because we were so vocal about the whole Ward Melville situation, but I must say that Columbia represented our state well and they definitely deserved to go. The Ward Melville team next year, which will hopefully include me *crosses fingers*, will need to regain a lot of momentum if we are going to beat Columbia at states.
If we're talking about next year it'll be quite the fight again. After this year with Ward, us, FM, Columbia, HHHE, Mount Academy, many other fair teams...at least whoever will go will be assured they won't have an easy time getting to nats. Wouldn't be any fun otherwise XD. Not trying to put down the accomplishment and all, just every year is a new one for sure. Guess I can now just watch the state from afar, heh. I hope at least if next year is just as exciting it will be to make up for the issues we've been facing in the state (at least we are successful either way).
B: Crave the Wave, Environmental Chemistry, Robo-Cross, Meteo, Phys Sci Lab, Solar System, DyPlan (E and V), Shock Value
C: Microbe Mission, DyPlan (Fresh Waters), Fermi Questions, GeoMaps, Grav Vehicle, Scrambler, Rocks, Astro
silverheart7

Post by silverheart7 »

fantasyfan wrote:I must say how impressed I am with Columbia HS, them being first timers at Nationals... The Ward Melville team next year, which will hopefully include me *crosses fingers*, will need to regain a lot of momentum if we are going to beat Columbia at states.
Well said! You entirely beat me to it :( I hope to be there right alongside you, although I know the improbobility of that. I couldn't imagine my life without Science Olympiad at this point, honestly.
syo_astro wrote:Guess I can now just watch the state from afar, heh. I hope at least if next year is just as exciting it will be to make up for the issues we've been facing in the state (at least we are successful either way).
It was a shame I didn't get to meet you this year! I hope to get a chance to talk in the future. Congratulations on a very successful SciO career, and I wish you all the best in the future. Keep in touch! <3

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE, IT HAS BEEN DONE!
Past: Forestry, Disease, Meteorology, Towers, Sounds, Triple E, Boomilever, Entomology, WQ, WIDI, Bridges

Total Medals: 14
State Medals: Sounds of Music (2nd, 2013), Forestry (3rd, 2013), and Triple E (4th, 2013)

Gelinas and Ward Melville Alum, ELI Volunteer
gneissisnice
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by gneissisnice »

fantasyfan wrote:I must say how impressed I am with Columbia HS, them being first timers at Nationals. I know that it was kind of awkward for them and us (Paul Gelinas) to share a tearoom because we were so vocal about the whole Ward Melville situation, but I must say that Columbia represented our state well and they definitely deserved to go. The Ward Melville team next year, which will hopefully include me *crosses fingers*, will need to regain a lot of momentum if we are going to beat Columbia at states.
You shared a team ream with Columbia? I thought you were sharing with FM.

Anyway, they did awesome for a new team at Nats.
2009 events:
Fossils: 1st @ reg. 3rd @ states (stupid dinosaurs...) 5th @ nats.
Dynamic: 1st @ reg. 19thish @ states, 18th @ nats
Herpetology (NOT the study of herpes): NA
Enviro Chem: 39th @ states =(
Cell Bio: 9th @ reg. 18th @ nats
Remote: 6th @ states 3rd @ Nats
Ecology: 5th @ Nats
PastorisFilius

Post by PastorisFilius »

gneissisnice wrote: You shared a team ream with Columbia? I thought you were sharing with FM.
We swapped rooms so that we could be with Eagle Hill.
B: CJAP, Experimental Design, Fossils, Heredity, MagLev, Microbe Mission, Mission Possible, Road Scholar, Write It Do It
C: Entomology, Fossils, Geologic Mapping, Green Generation, Protein Modeling
syo_astro
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Post by syo_astro »

Go to http://newyorkscioly.org/ and be surprised.

Return to “2014 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”