Illinois 2014

mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member
Division: C
State: IL

Re: Illinois 2014

Postby mrsteven » November 27th, 2013, 8:18 pm

its like november... those results essentially mean nothing, even in a month's time
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion

thsom

Postby thsom » November 27th, 2013, 10:10 pm

I, however, would like to know too. (then again, I did compete...) I want to see a general scope of how my team did and it isn't on avo yet.

Crazy Puny Man
Division: Grad
State: IN

Postby Crazy Puny Man » November 28th, 2013, 8:54 am

You guys (those teams who competed) should have gotten a score sheet with all the final results...and the score sheet didn't sort by A or AA, they merged and ranked everybody

Cheesy Pie
State: MI

Postby Cheesy Pie » November 29th, 2013, 8:29 am

You guys (those teams who competed) should have gotten a score sheet with all the final results...and the score sheet didn't sort by A or AA, they merged and ranked everybody
How did we not get last in Boomilever? It broke after the BUCKET.
100% of deaths are somehow caused by science.
Don't be a statistic.
Don't do science.

Naperville Central High School '17 :arrow: Michigan State University Physics '21
GO GREEN GO WHITE

Crazy Puny Man
State: IN

Postby Crazy Puny Man » November 29th, 2013, 8:49 am

How did we not get last in Boomilever? It broke after the BUCKET.
Others were 2nd tiered? Or had no boom at all? (is that a 2-tier violation though? If so then forgive me)

Our MagLev got 2nd tiered and we were 3rd

EDIT: Blooey, if you want to know the results here they are; looking back I never meant to keep them from you (sorry if it seemed like that :oops:...btw are you from Mounds View?)
1. Munster
2. Stevenson Green
3. New Trier Blue
4. Stevenson Gold
5. Hinsdale Central Varsity

I don't remember the exact scores, I'll post 'em later if anyone wants me to since I don't have the scoresheet now
EDIT: anyone got the Hinsdale South results?

mrsteven
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby mrsteven » December 16th, 2013, 11:38 pm

Munster, I recall them sufficiently crushing my team last year as well haha.
I see that Stevenson is still on a roll upwards; this is interesting. Change happens, I guess. Good for them.

Hows this year going for you all in scioly? Getting prepared? Its december, this is usually the point of time I realize I haven't done anything significant, take entire "sick" weeks from school and hermit in my room building devices. I think the 2 weeks I was "ill" last year around this time in conjunction with winter break I designed, build, rebuilt, cried a little, and finalized that robot arm I loved so much.
But seriously. I loved that thing. Hence why you'll find pictures of it in the image gallery and youtube videos. No point in a year's work being stuffed in a closet to get pulled out years later. Speaking of that... I actually brought that controller to school with me, though I've stripped the arduino for a pet project of mine, by far I am more proud of that arm than nearly everything I'm working on now in college competition teams.
This whole competition really pays off in the future; especially for you aspiring engineering types. I can say that scioly in conjunction with my robotics work led me to an awesome internship this upcoming summer, and even a second (and perhaps, but unlikely, third) offer on the table from competing companies. Its a good place to be in to have options in college, few people will have them but you will even as a freshman. Just wait.

These are my random words of wisdom, intended to motive you at this driving point in the year. Believe and you can achieve (and any other cliche you can imagine). As always, I get email notifications of PMs so keep those coming if you want to chat about whatever, some of you have.

What are you all working on into the early hours of the morn Illinois-ians? I hope those fossil driven mission possible looking thermodynamics devices are looking mighty chemically!
2011 Helicopters State Runner-up
2012 Helicopters State Champion
2013 Robot Arm State Champion

Jdogg
State: PA

Postby Jdogg » December 17th, 2013, 10:36 am

Munster, I recall them sufficiently crushing my team last year as well haha.
I see that Stevenson is still on a roll upwards; this is interesting. Change happens, I guess. Good for them.

Hows this year going for you all in scioly? Getting prepared? Its december, this is usually the point of time I realize I haven't done anything significant, take entire "sick" weeks from school and hermit in my room building devices. I think the 2 weeks I was "ill" last year around this time in conjunction with winter break I designed, build, rebuilt, cried a little, and finalized that robot arm I loved so much.
But seriously. I loved that thing. Hence why you'll find pictures of it in the image gallery and youtube videos. No point in a year's work being stuffed in a closet to get pulled out years later. Speaking of that... I actually brought that controller to school with me, though I've stripped the arduino for a pet project of mine, by far I am more proud of that arm than nearly everything I'm working on now in college competition teams.
This whole competition really pays off in the future; especially for you aspiring engineering types. I can say that scioly in conjunction with my robotics work led me to an awesome internship this upcoming summer, and even a second (and perhaps, but unlikely, third) offer on the table from competing companies. Its a good place to be in to have options in college, few people will have them but you will even as a freshman. Just wait.

These are my random words of wisdom, intended to motive you at this driving point in the year. Believe and you can achieve (and any other cliche you can imagine). As always, I get email notifications of PMs so keep those coming if you want to chat about whatever, some of you have.

What are you all working on into the early hours of the morn Illinois-ians? I hope those fossil driven mission possible looking thermodynamics devices are looking mighty chemically!
Agreed, Science Olympiad was the most influential thing that I have done throughout high school, giving me the skills and work ethic employers and professors are looking for. Because of this I have been given opportunities as a college freshman due to these skills and my ability to find/fix problems on complicated flight control and power systems (which ties back to Robot Arm over the 2 years I did that event). All of which came from science olympiad and the tech events I competed in. Now I get to work on designing rocket equipment and flight control algorithms, essential just a high budget science olympiad project.

Are you taking the internship at John Deer this summer mrsteven, it sounds like a sweet gig?
Harriton Class of 2013
Vice-Deputy of Avionics and Control for Lunar Lion
Assistant Coach of State College High School

nomynameisnotkevin

Postby nomynameisnotkevin » January 19th, 2014, 11:07 am

Can anyone tell me the results of the COD Regional last year?
I can't see anything here:

http://avogadro.ws/hosted/il-cod-vc/public/results

Skink
Exalted Member
Exalted Member

Postby Skink » January 19th, 2014, 9:11 pm

Can anyone tell me the results of the COD Regional last year?
I can't see anything here:

http://avogadro.ws/hosted/il-cod-vc/public/results
A couple things...

1. I usually took snapshots of those and saved them because they go away, but I never did it for C. It might be a good idea to start if you'd like to have on-hand results later.
2. Your coach may have those results.
3. Someone may remember those results.

4. We usually post results of tournaments we care about on these topics, like seen here.

XJcwolfyX
State: -

Postby XJcwolfyX » January 26th, 2014, 12:06 pm

Was anyone at Crystal Lake yesterday?
Medal Counter: 73

Return to “2014 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”