jacobxc
Division: C
State: TX
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Texas 2014

Post by jacobxc »

iwonder wrote:
breadcleaner wrote:could see the dog tags/lanterns and maybe even the award format being suitable for a middle school contest, but this was a pretty poor call for division C. The dog tags/lanterns were probably due to budget constraints so I'd feel guilty being harsh on that, but the format... come on now, just killed the spirit of competition for science olympiad..

any more teams going to hendrickson??? There are only seven currently registered and my coach needs more competition to be convinced it's worth traveling to. :'(
Hey, for a first time putting on a contest it was pretty good. I'm no sure it really killed the spirit to give those out, but it was different. I kinda liked the lanterns honestly.

Oh, and we're not going to Hendrickson.
Well technically it is not there first time to put on an invitational. It's there first high school one. And i think one of the main reasons for doing a cheap way of medals is because I heard there principle no longer allows them to ride and stay with their parents at state. They needed another way to get more money, so they held a high school invitational. But I still agree with both of you.
Real atheletes run miles not yards
jlee7x2

Post by jlee7x2 »

My school is very interested in Hendrickson if more teams go. We're very leaning towards it.
merp.
renxinhe

Post by renxinhe »

jlee7x2 wrote:My school is very interested in Hendrickson if more teams go. We're very leaning towards it.
mine too
~JR
Soren1129

Post by Soren1129 »

Clements needs to stop trolling these.

On the real, Clements is going to try to go to Hendrickson if we can - we hope other teams will join in because competitions are only fun/worth going to when there are a ton of teams!
Also, I was super disappointed with the new awarding style and it seems like Hendrickson is following this new style. If anyone from Hendrickson sees this, can you please change it? If it helps, LASA and Seven Lakes aren't going so it's not like some super powerhouse will bring three teams that sweep everything. I think the rest of us are pretty evenly matched and will have a fun and fair competition, but it really is unfair to kids who aren't the top team of their school to not get medals at an invitational. I mean, these kids can't go to state because of the one team limitations, don't restrict them from placing at invitationals too.

Does anyone have any information about Langham Creek? They don't have much available on their website.

Does anyone have any contact with the UT regional coordinators? We're signed up to go to their regional, but so far there is no website and the contest is less than 4 months away. All we know is that they're offering "all the events" but we really don't know if that means 23 or 28 and what schedule they are following etc. We like to decide our regional teams pretty early on so we can prepare ahead of time but this is preventing us from doing so...
jacobxc

Post by jacobxc »

Just saw they messed up our score at hopper so Kingwood might have beaten cyfalls.
iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus
Division: Grad

Post by iwonder »

How so?
'If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room' - Unknown
jacobxc

Post by jacobxc »

They gave us 31st place in TPS when I competed in it. Now its not like i got in the top four or anything, but it will definitely takes away 10 point and we only lost to Cyfalls by 3 points. Everyone who competed I would suggest to see if they gave your teams the right score. It is not unlikely for this to happen at a competition no matter if its been around for a while or is brand new.
iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by iwonder »

I actually looked for out TPS test today and couldn't find it. But yeah, you're right... huh. Good job I guess? What was your score? Speaking of which... it looks like Cyfalls was the 3rd place school in TPS so we should have a third place dog tag.... :/

Speaking of TPS, was it just me, or did that just seem like a calculus test? My partner was the one who studied physics, but I've taken Calc BC and I did the physics part since that's all it was... (well, minus the last question)
jacobxc

Post by jacobxc »

iwonder wrote:I actually looked for out TPS test today and couldn't find it. But yeah, you're right... huh. Good job I guess? What was your score? Speaking of which... it looks like Cyfalls was the 3rd place school in TPS so we should have a third place dog tag.... :/

Speaking of TPS, was it just me, or did that just seem like a calculus test? My partner was the one who studied physics, but I've taken Calc BC and I did the physics part since that's all it was... (well, minus the last question)
My score is very bad considering I had no clue what I was doing in that test since I usually stick to bio and build events, but what I am saying is we got fifth with a score of 227 and Cyfalls got forth with a score of 224. So like I said 10 or so points taken would mean we would beat them. And there is no way we beat you in TPS.
iwonder
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Post by iwonder »

Yeah, I know what you said, I just don't want to admit it's entirely true :D

And they certainly had some scoring issues... but I understand the rush to get everything in and how it could come up. Sorry it had to end up that way.

Return to “2014 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”