Ohio 2014

HeartCaro
Division: C
State: MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ohio 2014

Post by HeartCaro »

I was wondering if anyone who had gone to West Liberty Salem (specifically the team that ran Dynamic Planet) has the DP Div C test? Our coach never received it and we really wanted to go over it.
lovescience
Division: B
State: OH

Post by lovescience »

Anyone want to post their top 10 for States?

1. Solon
2. Magsig
3. Memorial
4. Westlake
5. Tower
6. Mason
7. Shore
8. Watts
9. Kenston
10. Chardon
MMeteorite1

Post by MMeteorite1 »

Chardon is more like 5th, then everyone below that drops down 1. I have to give the edge to Memorial over Magsig, but less than 10- pts of separation. Will come down to heli and egg drop.
lovescience wrote:Anyone want to post their top 10 for States?

1. Solon
2. Magsig
3. Memorial
4. Westlake
5. Tower
6. Mason
7. Shore
8. Watts
9. Kenston
10. Chardon
lovescience

Post by lovescience »

[quote="MMeteorite1"]Chardon is more like 5th, then everyone below that drops down 1. I have to give the edge to Memorial over Magsig, but less than 10- pts of separation. Will come down to heli and egg drop.

I think Heli will be such a toss-up for everyone since it is still in the Field House. Wish it was moved to a better venue - like an indoor raquetball court. It really is the luck of whoever gets stuck and then released for the longest amount of time. This is really a case where the better device/design does not necessarily win. I am still not convinced with Chardon, but hope the best for them and all the teams. It will be a nail biter.
ThatRoboGuy

Post by ThatRoboGuy »

Second time attempting to make a ranking. Re-ordering Meteorite's guess.
1. Solon
2. Magsig/Chardon (Don't know who will come out on top)
3. Chardon/Magsig (Ditto)
4. Memorial (Will be real close to being third)
5. Tower
6. Westlake
7. Shore
8. Mason
9. Kenston
10. Watts
Here to help
helicpters_rule

Post by helicpters_rule »

OSU does have a indoor raquetball court I think if enough people ask they may move it.
ckssv07
State: PA

Post by ckssv07 »

lovescience wrote:
MMeteorite1 wrote:Chardon is more like 5th, then everyone below that drops down 1. I have to give the edge to Memorial over Magsig, but less than 10- pts of separation. Will come down to heli and egg drop.

I think Heli will be such a toss-up for everyone since it is still in the Field House. Wish it was moved to a better venue - like an indoor raquetball court. It really is the luck of whoever gets stuck and then released for the longest amount of time. This is really a case where the better device/design does not necessarily win. I am still not convinced with Chardon, but hope the best for them and all the teams. It will be a nail biter.
I don't know if people who run the events at the OH state tournament, but if they do and run it like they have been at invites and such, the instant a helicopter gets stuck on something(not supporting itself solely with generated lift), the time is stopped, even if it releases itself after.
lovescience

Post by lovescience »

I don't know if people who run the events at the OH state tournament, but if they do and run it like they have been at invites and such, the instant a helicopter gets stuck on something(not supporting itself solely with generated lift), the time is stopped, even if it releases itself after.
[/quote]

That did not happen last year. As long as it was rotating, the device was considered good. If it ran out while up, they stopped the time, but as long as it dislodged while still rotating, the device was considered good. Super frustrating.
ThatRoboGuy

Post by ThatRoboGuy »

Doesn't help that the field house is, what, forty eight feet tall? Might want to get some binoculars.
Here to help
MHSscioly_1

Post by MHSscioly_1 »

What does everyone think will be the top 10 at States for Division C?
2014/2015 Events:
-Compound Machines, Green Generation, GeoLogic Mapping, and Mission Possible

Return to “2014 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”