Division: B
State: OH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ohio 2014

Post by lovescience »

ckssv07 wrote:
lovescience wrote:
I don't know if people who run the events at the OH state tournament, but if they do and run it like they have been at invites and such, the instant a helicopter gets stuck on something(not supporting itself solely with generated lift), the time is stopped, even if it releases itself after.
That did not happen last year. As long as it was rotating, the device was considered good. If it ran out while up, they stopped the time, but as long as it dislodged while still rotating, the device was considered good. Super frustrating.
[/quote]Yes, but that was allowed at all OH invitationals last year, they only implemented this new rule this year.[/quote]

I am not sure how it will work this year in regards to the rules. The Invitationals have all been handled differently, although it has been nowhere near the issue that it is at States. The best thing to do is move the event and avoid the game of chance that is played with that event. In a state like Ohio, every point matters and having a wild card out there can really impact placement results. Oh well! Time will tell and everyone will deal with it if there is no change of venue. At least we are all in the same boat.
MHSscioly_1
Division: C

Post by MHSscioly_1 »

States is exactly one month from today!
2014/2015 Events:
-Compound Machines, Green Generation, GeoLogic Mapping, and Mission Possible
helicpters_rule

Post by helicpters_rule »

i personal think that helicopters location should be moved to a racquetball court i know they have them and once i get some time i am going to get a official request for them to move it to the racquetball court .
MMeteorite1

Post by MMeteorite1 »

I would think the logistics of all the events are all pretty well nailed down. If not, I would not wait to make a request. Making schedules and reserving locations happen many weeks in advance for any event at OSU.
helicpters_rule wrote:i personal think that helicopters location should be moved to a racquetball court i know they have them and once i get some time i am going to get a official request for them to move it to the racquetball court .
lovescience

Post by lovescience »

MMeteorite1 wrote:I would think the logistics of all the events are all pretty well nailed down. If not, I would not wait to make a request. Making schedules and reserving locations happen many weeks in advance for any event at OSU.
helicpters_rule wrote:i personal think that helicopters location should be moved to a racquetball court i know they have them and once i get some time i am going to get a official request for them to move it to the racquetball court .
We know someone who made a request and it was denied and the event supervisor indicated that it was the first time they had heard anyone suggest the Field House was an issue for helicopters. It was made clear that a change of venue will not happen and that they do not see the need for a move. Let's just hope that the rules are followed and the time stops as appropriate.
ThatRoboGuy

Post by ThatRoboGuy »

Yup, the forty-eight foot tall slanted roof support beams everywhere field house is better to fly in than a racquetball court.

**Sarcasm**
Here to help
lovescience

Post by lovescience »

ThatRoboGuy wrote:Yup, the forty-eight foot tall slanted roof support beams everywhere field house is better to fly in than a racquetball court.

**Sarcasm**
Sure it is because at least then people can watch easily.

***additional sarcasm***
lovescience

Post by lovescience »

I think that part of the problem is that no one is expressing their concerns over the helicopter issue at the field house at OSU. If more teams were to express concern, perhaps a change would be made. Is anyone willing to request a change of venue? If so, I encourage you to do so ASAP so that perhaps a change could be made in timely manner.
ThatRoboGuy

Post by ThatRoboGuy »

lovescience wrote:
ThatRoboGuy wrote:Yup, the forty-eight foot tall slanted roof support beams everywhere field house is better to fly in than a racquetball court.

**Sarcasm**
Sure it is because at least then people can watch easily.

***additional sarcasm***
Yup, you don't even need to bring binoculars to be able to time efficiently!
***Additional more such sarcasm*

How's about a petition?
I think that would get their attention. They would see how we really hate the field house.
Here to help
helicpters_rule

Post by helicpters_rule »

I agree.

Return to “2014 Invitationals, Regionals, and States”